Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Watermuse

New MAX app error: "There's a problem with your device setup"

Jump to solution

All of a sudden Max app will no longer open on my ONN Roku TV. Have updated app. Have removed app and reinstalled. No codes. Just wont open. Still working on my old TV with Roku soundbar. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: New MAX app error: "There's a problem with your device setup"

Jump to solution

@Watermuse, when you removed it did you perform a "System restart" from Settings->System or Settings->System->Power (depending on your Roku model) before you reinstalled it?  If not, try again.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Watermuse, when you removed it did you perform a "System restart" from Settings->System or Settings->System->Power (depending on your Roku model) before you reinstalled it?  If not, try again.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I have the same issue and I’ve tried all these things with no luck. Any other work arounds? 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

We're grateful for your first post here in the Roku Community, @CeruleanSea!

Thanks for sharing your streaming concern with the Max app. We'd be happy to suggest further troubleshooting steps to help.

Kindly follow the steps provided below:

1. Remove the channel: navigate to your Home screen, move to the right, highlight the app, press Star*, then select Remove channel
  2. Perform a system reboot: navigate to your Home, select Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart
  3. Re-install the channel: navigate to your Home, scroll and select Store, look for the app, then press Add channel

We need to make sure that these steps have been done precisely to work. For reference, here's the support article dedicated to this: How to resolve a channel playback issue

We'll be looking forward to your update on how it goes!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.