Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jennlight

Inappropriate ad shown on Roku

Tonight while viewing a show on the Roku app there was a BET commercial that had the F word in it.

This is very inappropriate especially during the early evening (before 8pm) when families are viewing when their children can hear this! Roku please take this ad off your channels! Parents should not have to worry about their children hearing filthy language like that while trying to watch family viewing on your app! I was very disappointed seeing and hearing this tonight. How or where can this be reported if this is not the correct place?

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Inappropriate ad shown on Roku

@jennlight 

Frankly. I hear what you are saying. Will reporting it anywhere do any good. I doubt it. It's a streaming ad so, don't even bother with an FCC complaint. They only have authority over things that are broadcast over the air. If it was a BET ad I'd suggest reporting it to BET. Good luck.

ktwitchell

Rather than enforcement, feedback matters.  Consumers turn away from things they don't like, and Roku will lose customers over time if they do not respond.  The ad mentioned is in appropriate, and if Roku does not provide for feedback on ads such as that, in time they will limit themselves to customers who accept anything, which is a very limited set of people.

I've also heard this BET ad out of nowhere. At no time in my TV viewing have I ever heard such outrageous language to promote a channel. I said to my wife, "Did I hear that right? Did they just say the F word?" WHAT ARE THEY THINKING?!! THEY HAVE INAPPROPRIATE CONTENT IN MULTIPE ADS- The Marriage Pact and an ad where a guy keeps dropping a concrete block on someone! They've lost their minds!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.