Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MariaY

Max isn’t allowing me to watch anything

Whenever I try to watch anything on max the following message appears:

”Something went wrong “

”sorry, there seems to be a technical issue. Please try again or select a different video”. 

I have performed steps that Roku has suggested from a similar post but it didn’t work. I have HBO on cable and Max is included. No issues prior to this so I am not sure what is causing this technical issue. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Max isn’t allowing me to watch anything

Hello! @MariaY,

We're thrilled to have you with us here in the Roku Community!

We are sorry to hear that the Max channel isn't working for you. We would be happy to look further into this issue but we will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version or build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)?
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID) 
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Annieponte

Re: Max won't play "something went wrong"

Roku device model 3930X - ROKU EXPRESS

Serial number X00400WYW0GU

Device ID S008314YW0GU

OS version 12.5.5 • Build 4174-AE

https://ibb.co/hXvX9Zj 

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Max won't play "something went wrong"

Hi @Annieponte,

Thank you for sharing all of these details with the Roku Community!

We apologize if you were inconvenienced in any way by this. We have sent your information and concern to the appropriate Roku team so they can look into it further and address the problem as soon as possible.

For additional information needed, kindly provide us with your Tracker ID. When you see this issue, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID. 

We are committed to resolving your issues, so don't hesitate to contact us if there is anything else we can do to assist. We'll be waiting for your Tracker ID.

Sincerely,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos