Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HBO max free trial not able to watch on Roku devices

I signed up for the hbo max free trial but I can not log in to watch anything. How am I supposed to watch and use the free trial if I can’t log in? 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: HBO max free trial not able to watch on Roku devices

Hello! @Jessicaxmccrory,

A friendly welcome from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out to us. We're pleased to assist.

We recommend performing the below steps to see if you can resolve the issue:

1. Remove the channel from the Roku device

2. Power cycle the Roku device by disconnecting it from the power cable and reconnecting the device to power.

3. Re-add the channel back to the Roku device

Let's see how it goes.

Thanks,

Arjiemar 

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Turtella

I’m having the same issue but with MAX.  When I try to remove the channel there is no option to remove. When I view the subscription in the manage subscription section it shows I have a subscription till Feb but when I go back to the channel it wants me to log in to my MAX account which I don’t have, add a provider or buy a subscription. Contacted MAX who says ROKU needs to fix and ROKU has no support for my Roku 2 so I’m SOL.   I’m done with Roku. My Firestick is sooooo much better.  

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Turtella,

A warm welcome here at the Roku Community!

Thanks for reaching out to us here regarding this matter.

It will be more effective if you directly contact our account-billing team, as they are the best ones who can further assist you with this. Visit our Account and Billing Support page and choose the "Account, payments, and subscriptions" category. There should be an option where you can talk to one of our live representatives.

If you need further clarification and assistance, let us know.

Best regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

@Turtella wrote:

ROKU has no support for my Roku 2 so I’m SOL.   I’m done with Roku. My Firestick is sooooo much better.  

The name "Roku 2" was used on devices introduced from 2011 to 2015, so anything relatively modern is likely to be sooooo much better. 

Banned but back. Because why not?
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.