Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anumber1
Channel Surfer

Why do apps get installed with out me authorizing the installation?

Why does Disney, Disney one, Hulu, netflix and other channels that I have not authorized keep getting installed on my Roku?  I do not want these apps on my Roku and did not go to the app store to install them.  I wish Roku would stop installing unwanted applications on a device I paid for and own and that they should have no control over what channels I have installed.  This is horrible big brother activity.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why do apps get installed with out me authorizing the installation?

@Anumber1 

If I would you I would, first change the password on your ROKU account and second set a PIN to add or purchase channels. I think someone, might even be a family member, is doing this. What I suggest should stop it.

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: Why do apps get installed with out me authorizing the installation?

If you’re using the default screen saver, then try one of the ones without ads like one of the Roku clock screen savers.  When a screen saver with ads (such as the default saver) shows an ad for a channel, it allows you to install the channel by pressing a button and that button is also one that you would normally use to exit a screen saver.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.