Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EagleGrandpa
Binge Watcher

Re: MLB app will not load and closes. Update: fixed

Jump to solution

Mine stopped on August 5th, the same date that MLB Version 8.9 Build 2 shows it was released. I am assuming this is an MLB issue., not Roku, but who knows for sure? I have active trouble tickets with MLB but every 24 hours or so they send me an email and say the ticket is going to be closed, reply if you still have an issue, I do and nothing else happens... a week without my Baltimore Orioles!!

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: MLB app will not load and closes. Update: fixed

Jump to solution
  • Remove app
  • RESTART ROKU - IMPORTANT, DON'T SKIP
  • Reinstall app
Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Howie2322

Re: MLB app will not load and closes.

Jump to solution

Removing and reinstalling doesn't work for me neither. Doesnt matter what Roku player. Get this fixed now!!!

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Greetings Community users,

We appreciate you for keeping us posted about this playback issue with the MLB channel. We would recommend checking for additional troubleshooting steps provided by our support page here on how to resolve a channel playback issue.

If, after attempting the suggestions above, you are still unable to play any titles from a single channel while content from other channels plays fine, contact the customer support team for the channel provider to report the issue and get help. Most of the channels on Roku are managed directly by the channel providers themselves.

You can contact them here: MLB.TV | Contact Us.

Let us know if there's anything else we can further assist you.

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
telzall
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem with MLB and have tried all the fixes.

Not sure what is meant by "restarting Roku".  I have unplugged the Roku TV from the wall with no result.

Also, the MLB app works fine on my Google TV. Just FYI.

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

@telzall-

Pulling the plug on a Roku TV or streaming device provides a good restart.  What you want to do after removing the channel app is clear the Roku's memory cache to be sure there is no vestige of the old channel installation left before re-installing the app, and starting up from a no-power condition should do this. 

You can also get a full restart via menu control.  Depending on your Roku model you'll find the "System restart" option under "Settings > System > Power", or on models without a Power option, under "Settings > System".   (For Roku TV with "Fast TV start" enabled, turning it off and back on just puts it into and out of a standby state and does NOT give you a complete restart - unplug the power or use the menu option.)

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

0 Kudos
telzall
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Well, last night I again reinstalled the MLB app and for some unknown reason it took me to the sign in page as it should.  This after multiple reboots and reinstallations of the app were ineffective.  So it now allows for sign in but why it "fixed itself" is a mystery to me.

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

Some things remain mysteries to we mere mortals.

0 Kudos
Nance1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

We have been having the exact same problem with the MLB.TV app for the last couple weeks. It works perfectly on Mobile phone & IPad.  
Tried uninstalling & reinstalling (numerous times), have restarted the Network (numerous times), etc.

Contacted MLB.TV this morning (866-244-2291).  After giving Technical Support the Model numbers of the 3 Roku devices, I was told that the MLB App no longer supports them and will no run on them!  I said, “In the middle of the season?”  Was told, they could stop working at anytime!  This seems ludicrous to me. Our Roku devices are only a year old. I should not have to replace them to watch one App.

I was emailed a list of supported Roku model numbers.  I am not happy about this at all. I have a paid annual MLB.TV subscription.  
#Roku Express 4K+ (3941X2)  #Roku Express 4K (3942RA2)

From MLB.TV: “

Supported Models:

3700X, 3710X, 3800X, 3810X, 3811X, 3900X, 3910X, 3920X, 3921X, 3930X, 3931X, 4200X, 4210X, 4230X, 4620X, 4630X, 4640X, 4660X, 4662X, 4800X, 5000X, 6000X, 7000X, 8000X, A000X, C000X, C000GB, D000X

Firmware:

We recommend the most current firmware.

To ensure your Roku® TV model or Roku® player has the latest firmware, go to settings > system > system update to check for an available system update.

For Roku® TV the minimum Firmware is 11.5.”

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome, and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @Nance1.

We appreciate you letting us know about the issue you've encountered with accessing the MLB app on your Roku Express 4K+ and Roku Express 4K devices. We'd be happy to provide further information about this.

Please be advised that the majority of content on the Roku platform comes from streaming channels maintained and updated independently by the channel's provider. Since MLB's requirements do not support your Roku device's model, we highly recommend canceling your annual subscription. 

If your subscription was purchased via Roku, you may contact one of our live experts from our Account and Billing department. They will be able to further assist you with canceling this subscription. Kindly visit this website for reference: Roku Support | Contact Us

However, if your subscription is directly from MLB, we highly recommend contacting their Support team for further assistance. 

We hope this information helps. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.