Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Monsterji
Channel Surfer

MAX login password length

Jump to solution

I have MAX (formerly HBO) on Roku Streambar. When I try to login on MAX, Roku does not take the password (it's 8 characters long) and returns an error message saying that I have to enter a 10 character password. Why? I can login onto MAX on my Google TV and Smart TV just fine using an 8 character password.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: MAX Login password length

Jump to solution

@BF2023 wrote:

Hey, Kash, this is a Roku problem not a Max problem. Everyone on this forum has said they have no problem logging in under any other platform. So don't try and pass it off onto someone else. Roku needs to fix it.

Hi all,

Channel partners develop and maintain their own channels and their customer credentials. We have no control over partner customer credentials. It's possible that Max has made a new password requirement and it isn't being properly messaged on their Roku channel.

We have escalated this with our friends at Max. In the meantime while waiting for the channel partner to update their channel, please use the QR workaround above, or change your password so you'll be able to get access asap. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate this issue being brought to our attention! 

Thanks for understanding!

Austin

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

View solution in original post

57 REPLIES 57
Rowdy007
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem and they don't give the option to log in with qr code, so aggravating.

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Monsterji,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about your MAX login issues. Regarding this, it might be a better option to contact the channel provider's support directly to inquire further and let them know about the issue you have experienced. Most channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel providers themselves.

Thanks,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
kat-e
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same issue here too. Just downloaded the app to my phone from Google Play and didn't encounter the error Roku is giving. 

Kfordham

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issues

0 Kudos
Rowdy007
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I fixed the problem, I bought an Amazon fire stick 4k. 

Monsterji
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

lol

0 Kudos
Monsterji
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It is Roku's job as the platform owner to ensure that all applications available on its platform meet a consistent set of quality criteria (Apple does this for iOS; Google for Android). Clearly, an app that fails to login fails the quality test.

It is disappointing that users who invest in buying Roku products are being bounced around because Roku quality control didn't do their job. Don't make the app available on your platform unless it works flawlessly. Your customers will thank you for it and spend less time on these forums hunting for solutions when the problem could've been avoided in the first place.

salswyne

Jump to solution

I'm encountering the same issue. So frustrating. I have no problem logging into HBO Max through my web browser, how is there not a way to link the account to my roku device while I'm actively logged in. I just bought a new roku Express 4k+ device, but I was watching HBO Max on my old roku device not 2 hours ago (replacing because old device was very slow and crashed frequently). So disappointing that this is my first experience with the "new and improved".

dcutty

Jump to solution

Same problem here,, i just downloaded the app on my phone and screen share it to my Roku device. It’s stupid but at least it works