Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
docmorgan
Channel Surfer

No Live TV channels Appearing

no roku live tv channels are coming on.  All channels.  Why?  How do I resolve this?  No troubleshoot option available.   

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: No Live TV channels Appearing

What Roku device do you have? Is it a Roku TV connected to an antenna, or a Roku player? Roku players do not offer over the air live TV. There are some channels that you can use to get local TV stations, but you have to pay (subscribe) to them. The Roku Channel has a link to "Live TV", but that will not be your local stations. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
docmorgan
Channel Surfer

Yes, a Roku tv connect to an anntenna and my wifi.  I hit Home ---> Live TV ---> listing of all Roku Channels ---> click on one (all) ---> nothing comes on. 

All was fine yesterday and then suddenly the channels would not come on.  

0 Kudos
atc98092

Thanks for that. Are you able to see and watch OTA stations, and it's just the IPTV stations that aren't loading? Does other channels (such as Prime Video, Netflix, Vudu, etc.) work, meaning your Internet connection is working OK?

If you're not getting any local OTA stations, you might need to rescan the TV tuner. Over the years stations have been changing the RF frequency used, even though they still use their old analog channel number in their name/logo. For example, here in the Seattle area, our ABC station is "KOMO Channel 4", but they're actually now on RF channel 30. NBC is "KING Channel 5", but on RF 25, and CBS "KIRO Channel 7" is RF 23. And these have changed more than once since the switchover to ATSC broadcasting. 

Dan

0 Kudos
docmorgan
Channel Surfer

yes, I'm still able to watch the other channels, Netflix, Tubi, France TV, etc..

And i can still watch my local antenna stations (33).  Just no Roku channels.  why?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
atc98092

Thanks for the clarification. We'll have to let Roku work on that now, so if @RokuDanny-R can respond he'll likely have some additional questions. 

Dan

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @docmorgan,

Thanks for keeping us posted on the Roku Community!

We understand you are having a playback issue with The Roku Channel. We would be happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more detailed information. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • What are the brand, model, and current OS that the Roku device is running?
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing?

Once we have this information, we can pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Best regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
docmorgan
Channel Surfer

model 8644x - roku tv

serial no.  YK00AY637310

software version:  12.00 build 4182-63

GC verison: 9.4.521

Timestamp:  2023-07-19 T17.52.092

ID  10-287-632

0 Kudos
docmorgan
Channel Surfer

Now the other channels like ,

Tubi, Pluto, MLB, youtube, etc... do not come on. 

0 Kudos
djlenehan

I have had the exact same issue for a week or so now. I have followed all the instructions to restart the system, removed and readded the Roku app, etc. All my other app channels play, just not the ROKU channel. I even tried streaming Roku channel on my computer and got this message with any Roku channel I tried:

Something went wrong

Sorry, this page can't be viewed. Check your browser settings and try again.

For more help, please visit Roku support.

0 Kudos