Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
specksw
Channel Surfer

Unable to play series and some movies on AMC+

Trying to watch a continuing series on AMC+ but all it does is jump right back to the same screen over and over again. Can get no farther than the play episode screen or blank screen ???

9 REPLIES 9
WildRage

Re: Unable to play series and some movies on AMC+

I am having the same issue

Paula1917

TyF
Reel Rookie

SImilar issue with AMC+ on my Roku devices. The AMC streaming live channels do NOT work and neither does the selected shows/movies from the main AMC+ Channel. It's been days & support has been NO help!

specksw
Channel Surfer

Just last week it worked fine but still today it’s not doing anything. I reached out to AMC but they can’t do anything since it’s through Roku. Guess I’ll just keep putting in new help tickets until they get it right.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community Users,

Thank you for reaching out to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention about how AMC+ is not working. We'd love to help you with this one.

You can try these troubleshooting steps:

1. Remove the AMC+ channel by highlighting it and pressing the star (*) button.
2. Restart the Roku device from Settings > System > System Restart.
3. Install the AMC+ channel again.

You can check out this article for more help: How to resolve a channel playback issue

After performing these troubleshooting steps, kindly check if the issue persists. Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Thanks,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
specksw
Channel Surfer

AMC+ is working now but……I keep getting a message between episodes and in middle of streaming that more than 4 devices are watching and I need to stop streaming on a device to continue watching. This is at 3:45 in the morning and I know no one else is watching anything. I don’t even have 4 devices on my account!

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @specksw,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We're glad to hear that your AMC+ channel is now working. On the other hand, can you please elaborate on the issue you are experiencing now? Have you tried to perform the troubleshooting steps provided above by @RokuJanadeeK?

Let us know if this works for you.

Best regards,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
specksw
Channel Surfer

Yes, I preformed all troubleshooting steps provided. I am attaching a photo of what pops up after each episode and at times during a movie. Each time I need to back out of the Roku channel, go back in and hope it works. I’ve tried hitting “retry” several times and it does nothing. I know for a fact I am most likely the only person/device on AMC+. Possibly my son who is on vacation might be using it on his phone, but I doubt that. 

IMG_7676.jpeg

0 Kudos
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @specksw,

A warm welcome here in the Roku community We want to gather more information about the issue you're running into. Can you please give us more details regarding the problem you're having so we can further assist you?

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we'll be able to forward it to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

Thanks, 

Anjelie  

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.