Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Denmano

Last program watched when turning on Roku....?

I'm very new to Roku so forgive my naivete but I can't seem to find an answer to this simple question.  When I return to my TV tomorrow, how can I turn on the Roku and have it go right back to where I left off in my movie or whatever I'm watching?  I don't think I should have to shuffle through a menu to "What to Watch" and then "Continue Watching".  Is that really the only way to do this and if so, why?  Seems like I should be able to just turn it on and be right where I left off on the screen.  Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Last program watched when turning on Roku....?

Hi @Denmano,

Thanks for the inquiry and welcome to the Roku Community!

Please be advised that when you turn on a Roku device, it will not automatically show the previous movie or show you were watching, but it will display a "Continue Watching" section on the home screen where you can easily access the last episode or movie you started on a supported channel across different Roku devices linked to your account.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Best regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
Denmano

Re: Last program watched when turning on Roku....?

Thanks, John.  I don't see the "Continue Watching" tile on the home screen.  Am I missing something?  I went into settings and home screen and there's no option to show that.  

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.