Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
_Xena_
Streaming Star

Hulu and Disney Plus app not working right on Roku TV Keeps making me sign in every time

Disney Plus and Hulu not working right on my Roku TV. I recently bought a new TV in March, and was setting everything up, and I went to put in my info for Hulu, as I noticed the glitch on this app first. It CONSTANTLY signs me out! I go to put my login info, it ALWAYS tells me it's incorrect, and I have to constantly go and change my password, and go and sign in on BOTH TvS, sometimes, even then when I go to sign in on the other tv, after my login info has been put in on the other TV, and I go to login on the other TV, IT STILL SAYS MY PASSWORD IS WRONG! I have to change the password AGAIN, and repeat the same process! This is happening on BOTH Disney Plus and Hulu! It's been going on since March 31, 2023, when I bought the new Roku Hisense 50 inch Series 6 TV. I have a TCL in my bedroom which is a 32 inch. Please help! It's even doing it on my phone with the disney plus and hulu app. I have even changed my email password thinking I may have been hacked, and I'm STILL having the issue! This is frustrating! 

10 REPLIES 10
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Hulu and Disney Plus app not working right on Roku TV Keeps making me sign in every time

Hi @_Xena_,

Thanks for reaching us here in the Roku Community!

We'd be more than willing to further assist you regarding your login issues with the Hulu and Disney+ apps on both your Hisense and TCL Roku TVs. 

Since you've mentioned that it's also happening on your mobile phone, may we know if it's directly on the Hulu and Disney+ apps and not under the Roku app? If so, we highly suggest raising this concern to their customer support team, as they will be the ones who can further assist you with your concern. Please be aware that many apps/channels on the Roku platform are being created, provided, and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Furthermore, we can try to troubleshoot your Hisense and TCL Roku TV as a workaround by removing the app, performing a system reboot, and reinstalling the app. But we can't guarantee the effectiveness of this as this is an isolated case of the Hulu and Disney+ apps. Follow the steps provided below for assistance:

1. Remove the Hulu and Disney+ apps by highlighting them and pressing the Star* button.
  2. Perform a system reboot by navigating to your Home screen. Scroll and select Settings > System > Power (if this option is unavailable, skip to the next step) > System restart.
  3. Reinstall the app by navigating back to your Home screen. Scroll and select Store > Select Channel, then look for the Hulu and Disney+ apps > Add channel.

Please make sure to follow the steps precisely to work. If the issue still persists, kindly keep in touch with the channel provider for further assistance. These links might help you contact them:

Hulu Customer Support or 1-888-265-6650
Disney+ Customer Support or 1 (888) 905-7888

Hope this helps!
-Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
_Xena_
Streaming Star

Re: Hulu and Disney Plus app not working right on Roku TV Keeps making me sign in every time

It's mainly the Roku TVs. I thought it was just the apps, and contacted customer support for both, but they've not resolved my issue. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @_Xena_,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

Have you tried performing the steps provided by @RokuCarly? This is the troubleshooting workaround that mostly resolves the issue you're experiencing. In addition, have you tried logging in to your Hulu and Disney Plus credentials through their website to see if you're to log in? If not, then this issue might be rooted in the channel provider since they manage the information and credentials of their customers if they're directly subscribed to their services.

Keep us updated.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Savanhahn
Reel Rookie

Did you ever find a solution to this? I am having the same problem. I can access on my phone and laptop but not my tv. 

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Savanhahn,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem with the Hulu and Disney+ channels. We're happy to assist you. Please try to update the channel by highlighting the channel tile, pressing the star button on your Roku remote, and selecting check for updates. Try to log in and see if the issue has been fixed.

Let us know how it works, and we will continue to assist you further.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Savanhahn
Reel Rookie

Unfortunately that did not resolve the problem. I have also deleted and re downloaded the apps with out that being a solution either.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for letting us know, @Savanhahn.

Mentioning that you have already removed the app and then reinstalled it, have you performed a system reboot in between? (remove the app > system reboot > reinstall the app) We must ensure that this troubleshooting process has been performed precisely to work. In addition, may we know where you purchased your subscription? Is it under Roku or directly from the app? Also, make sure that you log in with the credentials you used when creating your Hulu and Disney+ accounts. If you could provide us with a photo of the error message prompted when attempting to log in to the mentioned apps, that would be a big help to us to further review your concern. 

We'll be looking forward to your update!

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MazFam

I am having exact same problem.  I do however have different login email address for login for Roku account and disney+.  My disney plus is free through my cell carrier and in my spouse email.  Never came across this til about 5 weeks ago.  I am logged in everywhere else. Kindle, phones, laptop, Samsung TV, Xfinity on demand app.  It's not an error message for me.  It states welcome back and resubscribe and if I follow prompt it wants to charge me fee through my roku account and asks for my roku pin. I already pay for the darn service. Help.  Does it have something to do with the different emails.  It's all on the same IP through wifi and/or family cell plan. Help

Oh and yes I deleted app, restarted roku, then reinstalled and tried again.  First thing I tried before I even stumbled upon this help desk feed. My internet router was restarted and I do not have speed issue. 

Oh and my Hulu login works fine. 

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MazFam,

Thanks for sharing this experience with us.

This is more of a subscription concern. If removing and adding the channel would not work, we would recommend getting in contact with our Account and billing support team. You can contact them here at ContactUs and select Account, Payments, and Subscriptions. Kindly try to confirm subscriptions under your account.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.