Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TarryD

How to turn on closed captions on Peacock TV

Jump to solution

Anyone have any tips? I can't make it work

Source: Roku Channel StoreSource: Roku Channel Store

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How to turn on closed captions on Peacock TV

Jump to solution

Hi @TarryD,

Thanks for the inquiry.

We would recommend taking a look at our Support page for more information regarding enabling closed caption: How do I enable closed captioning? - Roku

Please keep us posted if you need further assistance or clarification.

Thanks,

Mary

Related Community topics that you might find helpful:

View solution in original post

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the post and for sharing your thoughts.

I understand that you are all inquiring about using closed captioning on the Peacock. Please be aware that some channel manages their own content programming, including closed captions on content. We suggest you send your feedback to the Peacock channel for them to update their channel.

You can reach Peacock Support here

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Best regards,
Mary

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
62 REPLIES 62
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @TarryD,

Thanks for the inquiry.

We would recommend taking a look at our Support page for more information regarding enabling closed caption: How do I enable closed captioning? - Roku

Please keep us posted if you need further assistance or clarification.

Thanks,

Mary

Related Community topics that you might find helpful:

GsaC45
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

We are having the same problem.  Select subtitles during playback, but nothing comes up.

It doesn’t appear to be a Roku issue, it’s the App, so the tips being offered don’t help. 

GsaC45
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Does not help

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @GsaC45,

Thanks for the update.

Please be noted that some channel manages their own content programming, including closed captions on content. Reach out to the channel If changing the captions on the Roku settings does not resolve the issue. 

You can reach Peacock support here: www.peacocktv.com/help 

Thanks,

Mary

Jump to solution

Also having the same problems. Don't need a link to a support article showing how to turn subtitles on. Subtitles say they are on but are not working on any Roku device. Please fix

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hello @fedrizzihenry

Thanks for the post.

We recommend following @RokuMary-F's suggestion above regarding your concern. The channel developer will best assist you with your problem with the subtitles to the content within their channel. 

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
LASmaug

Jump to solution

Found this because I have the same problem. For me, subtitles already are set to Always On in Roku, and nothing happens in Peacock when I go to the Captions icon and select an option.

This is only a lousy workaround and IDK if it's going to be repeatable, but after selecting the subtitle option I wanted in Peacock then closing and reentering the app, I returned to the movie I'd been watching and the subtitles are now showing. Good luck!

Hahahahahahaha
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you so much for the work around! It’s completely crazy that we have to use it, but I was going barking mad trying to get the subtitles to work and you alleviated my extreme frustration.  It worked exactly as you said it would!  

Hope Peacock sorts this problem out and that Roku gives them a kick in the posterior to encourage the company to make the fix quickly.  Sure, all of us angry people who don’t enjoy reading lips on a bleeping tv show could send a request to Peacock to fix their app, but I’m guessing the most popular streaming company might have a wee bit more influence than we do.  

Wise9owl
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you for this work around. Has someone reported this to Peacock? I hope so. Looking forward to a correction.