Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mam55

Re: How to turn on closed captions on Peacock TV

Jump to solution

Closing/going to another app on Roku and returning to Peacock worked for me just now.  Guess this is not fixed yet (six months after this post…).  🤨

0 Kudos
Malina
Reel Rookie

How to turn on closed captions on Peacock TV

Jump to solution

Every time this happens to me I go thru the same steps..

1. Mess with it-on/off/on/off

2. Go crazy till I remember that I have to leave the captions on, then close out the whole app. Restart the tv app and your captions should be there. It's a weird glitch on my roku tv. Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos
Bertie01
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

That link sends you to a page that says

"Article not found. Please check the url and try again."

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Bertie01

Thanks for the post.

We are unable to replicate the issue you are experiencing. Have you tried re-opening that link as well as trying a different web browser?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
fbs77777
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Link in that response doesn't work, only "contact" with peacock is a chat bot, over and over I have selected subtitles and sometimes it works, at least enough to have kept me coming back, but I am now DONE with peacock. Too many options for this glitchy service with NO customer service to deserve any bit of my time or money. 

0 Kudos
Malina
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Did you follow the 'work around' we've talked about?  Set caption to on , exit the app then reopen. They should work. It's a pain but it works.hope this helps, I know it's maddening. 

kimraye77

Jump to solution

I thought I was having the same problem. I would go to captions in the menu part of Peacock and it was set to on always. And no subtitles would show. Then I hit pause. And moved over to the the caption box icon and put it on English and they started working. Hope this helps. 

0 Kudos
Bertie01
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Yes, I did, and that actually worked.   Thank you for the suggestion of this workaround.   I apologize for not updating my posts, but have been really busy with the Holidays.   Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Bertie01
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Yeah, I tried that also to no avail.   The only thing that did work was the suggested workaround of setting it and then exiting the app and then starting it again and then the captions started appearing.

I apologize for not updating my post with that new information in a more timely manner.   Thanks for all of the responses.   Merry Christmas!

0 Kudos
fbs77777
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

YES, I did, thanks so much. I think in trying previously I must have exited the app after choosing subtitles on one or more try and that was why it had worked a few times. Thank goodness for forums that have fixes from people generous enough to share!