Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hollis126

Re: How to turn on closed captions on Peacock TV

Jump to solution

I can’t even get the CC option in Peacock to switch from “OFF” to “ON” to try the workaround of leaving the app and going back in to get the Closed Captioning to work. Once the word “OFF” is highlighted—what button on the Roku remote do I use to change the word to “ON”? I’ve tried “OK” and all of the purple arrow buttons surrounding the “OK” button as well as the “*” and “<-“ buttons. 

0 Kudos
mossymissy
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thanks. going out of the app and back in worked. 

Edit, on my roku ultra I had to turn on captions, exit app and restart system. a thank you!

0 Kudos
Jokell

Jump to solution

Thank you that works for me

0 Kudos
Labonnvie

Jump to solution

Thank you! It worked. We were watching the first free episode of Vigil on Peacock before deciding whether to subscribe. Many of the actors have thick Scottish accents and without subtitles were extremely difficult to understand. Hopefully, if we decide to subscribe, this won’t continue to be an issue. 

0 Kudos
e_s_jones

Jump to solution

What, exactly, IS the workaround?

0 Kudos
mossymissy
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

going out of the app and back in  

and/or

on my roku ultra I had to turn on captions, exit app and restart system. a thank you!

jim4500

Jump to solution

Closed captions are displayed when playing Peacock on my computer; however the closed captions are not displayed when playing Peacock with my Roku. I have the Roku closed captions settings turn on and the closed captions are displayed on all other streaming channels but are not displayed on Peacock. Any suggestions as to how to have the closed captions to be displayed wirh Roku? 

0 Kudos
rc6
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

This is an issue with an app running on Roku  Roku should be addressing this issue with Peacock, not telling users to contact Peacock themselves.

celloman

Jump to solution

rc6 is correct. Every platform has QA standards; they don't just let any old garbage app onto the platform. Roku needs to work with Peacock to get this fixed, especially because it's an accessibility issue.

Roku, please provide a status update.

0 Kudos
cathyaa541

Jump to solution

First make sure Roku captioning is set to always on. Then, restart your Roku. I literally just had to do this to get captioning back on for pPeacock. My captioning is always on, and works just fine for Prime, Britbox, Acorn and Netflix, but Peacock seems to lose the setting. Restarting Roku works. 

0 Kudos