Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bella76

How to fix Spotify not launching on my Roku device

Jump to solution

Just open the Spotify app on your phone. Play a song, click to connect to play on your Roku. Your Spotify app on Roku should log itself back in automatically. Weird glitch though. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KaraRok
Reel Rookie

Re: How to fix Spotify not launching on my Roku device

Jump to solution

This is the solution that worked for me in 2022, which you may want to try first before trying another solution (ie. clearing data etc on android): log into Spotify on a Windows computer and go into the settings to find the option that let's you 'log out of all other devices' (this should log you out of the roku app too). Log in again (including/trying to connect again to your roku app) and it now should work on roku again 

https://community.roku.com/t5/Channels-viewing/How-to-fix-Spotify-not-launching-on-my-Roku-device/m-...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Jermaskie

Re: Spotify Linked With Roku Credentials

Jump to solution

It won’t let me sign into my Spotify

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Spotify Linked With Roku Credentials

Jump to solution

Hi, @Jermaskie

We appreciate your first post and welcome to the Roku Community.

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you've encountered. We understand that you're having trouble signing in to your Spotify account on Roku, and we'd be more than willing to assist. May we know if you're receiving any error codes/messages when signing in to Spotify? Additionally, what steps have you taken in an attempt to successfully sign in to your account?

In the meantime, we recommend signing in to your Spotify account with the correct credentials. Please note that credentials such as usernames and passwords are case-sensitive, and the correct format of text is important for a successful login.

Keep us posted for a follow-up or an update regarding this matter.

Best wishes,
Kash 

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
tazmo

Jump to solution

"clear the Spotify app's cache and data within the app settings"

Are you sure you are not talking about Android here?

In the Roku settings, I do not see where this can be done.

I have even removed the Spotify app and re-installed the Spotify app and it still not make it past the splash screen.

What am I missing? It should not be this "complicated", especially with Roku.

0 Kudos
KaraRok
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This is the solution that worked for me in 2022, which you may want to try first before trying another solution (ie. clearing data etc on android): log into Spotify on a Windows computer and go into the settings to find the option that let's you 'log out of all other devices' (this should log you out of the roku app too). Log in again (including/trying to connect again to your roku app) and it now should work on roku again 

https://community.roku.com/t5/Channels-viewing/How-to-fix-Spotify-not-launching-on-my-Roku-device/m-...

0 Kudos
claraeileen99
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have had this issue ever since I moved. I have logged out of spotify on all of my devices, deleted the app on all of my devices so they should now be running the most current version, I have reset my roku and spotify will still not open on my roku. When I try to cast from my phone or another device it will say "now playing on Roku 3" but nothing on my TV changes or moves. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @claraeileen99 

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for sharing here with us the concern you have encountered with Spotify on your Roku device, and we'd like to gather more information for us assist further. Could you please provide the following details below:

• When opening the Spotify app, do you receive any error codes or message prompts?
  • When did you first encountered the issue occur?
  • What is your current Roku OS version? Also, what is the current version of the Spotify app?

The details we receive regarding this issue would be helpful for us to review this case and provide further assistance.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
claraeileen99
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The Spotify channel on Roku does not open. 

This first started happening when I moved and set up the Roku in my new apartment around 6/16 this year. 

My Roku OS is the current version 13.1.4. The Spotify channel is also the most recent as I have deleted and re added it to my Roku multiple times. 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @claraeileen99.

Thanks for responding. 

May we also know if this is the only app you are having issues accessing? Are there any error messages prompted, or does opening the Spotify app just revert you back to the Home screen?

Furthermore, we should also consider where you are currently located. The Roku Streaming platform is US-based, and it might be possible that this app is not available in your region. 

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
claraeileen99
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I live in the United States. I moved within my state in June. When I set up my Roku at my new place, I first encountered this problem. 

The Spotify app does not open. There is no error message. There is no response from the roku when I select to open the Spotify app. The roku makes the select sound when I press "ok" to open the spotify app, but the TV/Roku does not respond or change at all. I select Spotify on the home screen and I stay on the home screen. When I try to cast Spotify from another device, the other device will say "playing on Roku 3" and the Roku will stay in whichever app/ channel I was in previously. If I was in Amazon Prime Video, Prime will continue playing with no change. If I was previously in YouTube, YouTube will continue playing with no change. If I was in Hulu, Hulu will continue with no change. 

I have not noticed any issue with other apps/ channels on the roku, just Spotify. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.