Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
donna932

How can I remove favorite channel from xfinity stream favorite channel guide

Jump to solution

Just got roku express 4k+.  I have an older roku as well.  On the older roku i was able to remove and add favorite channels to the xfinity guide..  Now when I try to do this and press the star key, I don't get the option to do either.  Is there a way to do this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How can I remove favorite channel from xfinity stream favorite channel guide

Jump to solution

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @RCareyG.

We're grateful to have you here and appreciate you for trying. 

Please be advised that this feature is within the Xfinity Stream app. We highly recommend reaching out to their Customer Support for further assistance on how to hide or remove the favorite channel feature on the channel guide. You can also contact their direct phone at 1-800-Xfinity

Let us know if there's anything else we can be of assistance with, and we'd be more than happy to continue doing so. 

Thanks,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How can I remove favorite channel from xfinity stream favorite channel guide

Jump to solution

Hello! @donna932,

A warm welcome from the Roku Community!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention on removing your favorite channel. We'd love to help you with that. 

You can filter the Live TV Channel Guide to display all channels (minus any hidden channels), an automatically generated list of recently watched channels, or your favorite channels. When the channel guide is filtered, only the channels that are part of the filtered view appear. Use the following steps to filter the channel guide:

1. Open the Channel Options menu.
  2. Select Filter
  3. Choose All channelsRecents, or Favorites.

Please keep us posted on what you find out; we will happily continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CW99

Jump to solution

How to remove Favorite Channels from live tv that have been added for Xfinity Stream using Roku. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @CW99,

Welcome to the Roku Community.

Thanks for posting your inquire, and we'd like to help. To set a channel as a favorite or remove it, open the Channel options menu and select Favorite channel. You can repeat this for each channel you want to manage or use the following steps to add or remove from favorites.

1. Open the Channel options menu
  2. Select Manage channels
  3. Select Favorite channels
  4. Press OK  to check the box next to any channel you wish to favorite

If you need further assistance, feel free to reach out to us.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Where is "channel options'?

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @wheffelfinger,

Thanks for reaching out to us here in the Roku Community!

We understand you are looking for instructions on how to open the Channel Options menu. When you want to hide a channel, favorite a channel, or filter the list of channels in the guide, access the Channel options menu using the steps below.

1. Open the Live TV Channel Guide.
  2. Find the channel you wish to hide.
  3. Move left until the channel name and logo is highlighted.
  4. Press Star * on your Roku remote to open the Channel options menu.

For further references, you can visit our Support article.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RCareyG

Jump to solution

These solutions don't work.  The only options I have are Find a Channel, Filter preferences (nothing there either), or Search.  What am I doing wrong?

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @RCareyG.

We're grateful to have you here and appreciate you for trying. 

Please be advised that this feature is within the Xfinity Stream app. We highly recommend reaching out to their Customer Support for further assistance on how to hide or remove the favorite channel feature on the channel guide. You can also contact their direct phone at 1-800-Xfinity

Let us know if there's anything else we can be of assistance with, and we'd be more than happy to continue doing so. 

Thanks,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ao915

Jump to solution

I'm IN the Xfinity app and as the OP pointed out, there is no such option, only Find a Channel, Filter Preferences, and Search. You would know this if you actually tried your solutions instead of providing scripted answers.

Why is it so hard to get an answer to this? This isn't even the only thread on this subject, and they're all useless. 

Another question is why it was ever changed in the first place, when it used to be so simple, but I'll settle for an answer to the original question.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@ao915, Roku has absolutely nothing to do with the Xfinity app.  That "answer" above wasn't for the Xfinity app.  The moderators here are often confused.  The real answer is right above your post - contact Xfinity.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos