Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marksman
Reel Rookie

Re: Fox News App major issues

I am having the same issue as others here have described but only on my Samsung TV.

On the Sony TV the fox news app works perfectly.

Both are using recently purchased new Rocu sticks.

Could this possibly be related to the brand of the TV?

0 Kudos
Rjsolo1952

The original post in this thread was back in 2023 and Roku has not found a fix or gotten the FOX people involved. Very annoying and a waste of my time.  Some days nothing works.  Same problem on multiple TVs.l with Roku boxes.   No issue using an Apple box. 

DPP1
Channel Surfer

Agree!  Roku needs to step up to the plate and have the moderators stop wasting our time with troubleshooting.  It is not a problem isolated to a handful of users.  It is system wide.  Read all the posts moderators!  Wake up and do something Roku!

Fox news channel not available

Why won't fox news channel not open? It goes to 13% and then freezes. I get the channel on my other roku tv. Please fix, so frustrating!!!

0 Kudos
Marksman
Reel Rookie

Update to my post from last week.

App no longer works on my Sony TV now.

Both get the 13 percent wheel of doom now.

I’m not a big conspiracy theory person but I find it very odd that this is the only app I’m having issues with in a very important election year. 

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Marksman,

We appreciate having you here in the Roku Community!

We understand that you are having issues with the Fox News app. We're happy to help.

Are you seeing any error messages when accessing this app? May we know if following the steps on how to resolve a channel playback issue will help you?

Also, is this a stand-alone channel? If so, we would recommend that you reach out to Fox News support directly for further assistance, as they are the best ones who could help you with their channel's functionality.

We hope this helps. You can keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Fox news channel not available

Hi @Koontzie1943,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem with the Fox News channel. We're happy to assist you further. Please try to update the channel by highlighting the channel, pressing the star button on your Roku remote, and selecting check for updates.

Let us know how it works, and we will continue to assist you further.

Best regards,                                                                                                                                            John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MissVickie24
Channel Surfer

Re: Fox news channel not available

It did nothing to help. Stays the same

0 Kudos
tbirdjoel

I’m having the same issues I get the spinning 13% on two of my TVs but I have one TV that gets Fox News with no issues.  All are recently purchased ROKU devices.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @tbirdjoel

Greetings, and welcome here to the Roku Community.

Thank you for contacting us and bringing to our attention the issue you are facing with the Fox News app. We understand how this affects your streaming experience, and we are here to help you resolve the problem.

1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the star (*) key on your remote, and choose "Remove channel".
  2. Next, restart your device from Settings > System > Power > System Restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  3. Once your player/TV starts up again, go to "Streaming Store" on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.
  4. You may also refer to this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

If the issue persists after performing the provided troubleshooting step, you may want to contact the channel provider's support directly and inquire further about this issue for a workaround that needs an update on their end to resolve this since most channels on the Roku platform are designed and maintained by the channel providers themselves.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.