Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zigz
Reel Rookie

Re: Fox News App major issues

I did find the issues that were preventing the app from working on all LAN devices.

The issue was my router/firewall policies blocking the Fox News ad-collecting sites, which are tied to the app on Roku when you log into FOX.

All the sites/links shown in the screenshot below were being blocked. I had to set up rules in the router to allow these sites. After that was done, the problem has been fixed for over 30 days now.

Fox News.JPG

Falcon7788

We have 4 TV sets with the main device connected to Comcast / Infinity. On June 5, 2024 I could no longer connect to Fox on any of the three Roku connected devices. Our main unit connected to Comcast works fine. Not sure how to fix the problem.

Thanks,

LNM

0 Kudos
mmears1
Binge Watcher

I just terminated yet another "chat". ROKU HAS THE WORST SUPPORT ON THE PLANET. They either don't listen or are incapable ... or both.  Every piece of info I provided (every time I've contacted them ... which is many) is ignored.  Their ultimate answer is ALWAYS ... contact the Fox News channel partner.  NO SUCH THING EXISTS and I've attempted to communicate that to them to zero avail.

I've contacted Xfinity ... they say contact Roku.  I finally, in total frustration, contacted Fox's (main number).  They had no clue what I was talking about and finally said CONTACT ROKU.

Roku CLEARLY has no intention of addressing this ongoing problem.  Every time I ask if ANYONE AT ROKU is aware of how well-documented this is on Roku Community Pages ... they act like it's their first time ever hearing about any of it.

1000% useless.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.