Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
forbesjc
Reel Rookie

Fawesome starts new movie after ad break

Jump to solution

A couple of weeks ago the Fawesome app on ROKU started acting up. After an ad break, instead of resuming where it left off, it will sometimes start playing a completely different movie from the beginning. If I go back to the movie I was watching, IT starts from the beginning also, thus forcing me to skip to where I left off every time. This is about a 50/50 prospect so far but when it heppens it's often several times in a row. I didn't want to uninstall, reinstall and restart my queue from scratch but I'm pretty much at that point. My web search has found zero instances of this reported anywhere else, so I'll report back if I'm able to resolve this issue so other's can find and benefit from it.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Fawesome starts new movie after ad break

Jump to solution

@forbesjc 

I have experienced some wonky behavior that occured in the past using Fawesome when it returns from an ad break, but not very often, and not recently.  I just chalked it up to an ad-server issue.  I don't remember it ever starting a different movie though.

If it becomes a persistent issue, you should reach out to the developers at https://fawesome.tv/home/ and select the "contact us" link which will redirect you to https://futuretodayinc.com/contact-us and select the support email link (support@futuretodayinc.com).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@forbesjc 

I have experienced some wonky behavior that occured in the past using Fawesome when it returns from an ad break, but not very often, and not recently.  I just chalked it up to an ad-server issue.  I don't remember it ever starting a different movie though.

If it becomes a persistent issue, you should reach out to the developers at https://fawesome.tv/home/ and select the "contact us" link which will redirect you to https://futuretodayinc.com/contact-us and select the support email link (support@futuretodayinc.com).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
forbesjc
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for the feedback.  

Update: I removed the FAWSOME ROKU app, the FAWSOME Horror ROKU app, and the FAWESOME Crafts ROKU app. I restarted the ROKU  set top box. I reinstalled the main FAWESOME ROKU app only.

The good: The app retained my account information so my queue was intact.

The bad: When I tried to replay the movie I was watching, the ROKU froze and forced me to do another restart. After that It loaded with no issues. The movie i was originally watching picked up where I left off but after the ad break, it started up the next movie in my queue instead of continuing the current one. When I went back to watch the previous movie, the app froze again. So I, again restarted the ROKU and this time it did play but, from the beginning still.

Will try the developer route next. 

0 Kudos
SD23

Jump to solution

Downloaded the Fawesome app to my Roku TV for the first time today (because it was the only one with the movie I wanted to watch) and this (kicking me into a completely different movie after one of the 25 ad breaks) has happened to me TWICE already. Can't even get through a 90 minute movie. Not really inspiring me to keep this Fawesome app. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.