Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Limber

Excessive Commercials on channels such as Filmrise and Tubi

I noticed more ads and longer on Tubi which is my free tv to go to. If they keep it up I will eliminate them as I did Filmrise and go to paid tv.

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Lt3angle

Re: Excessive Commercials on channels such as Filmrise and Tubi

Unfortunately I'm in the same boat as others. While I haven't noticed it as badly on Tubi, Filmrise is just annoying and I'm ready to just delete it. The same ads 6, 7, even 8 times in a row...now that it is open season for political ads, it has become 10x worse. It isn't hard to vary the ads. I have no issue with seeing the ads, just seeing the same one over and over and over again in the same ad break. 

It seems like a program director is a one person show and just slapped the ad list on repeat and turned off shuffle like a broken MP4 player.

0 Kudos
ccaron
Channel Surfer

I recently signed-on to Sling and cancelled it two days later because every channel on Sling ran commercials about 50% of the time. If networks are charging large amounts of money to companies who want to advertise, why do they need our subscription fees?

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @ccaron.

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We'd be happy to share further information about the subscriptions you've purchased.

Please be informed that there are specific types of premium subscriptions you may purchase from certain apps, which include ad-free. If you need further clarification about the subscription you've purchased from Sling, we highly recommend directly coordinating this with their Support team.

You may reach them here: Sling Support

We hope you find this information helpful.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.