Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KevProfile
Reel Rookie

ESPN Plus keeps turning off on my Roku

I am also facing the same issue. It's quite frustrating. I am following live Cricket on my ROKU TV on the ESPN app. First it freezes then the TV restarts. It keeps happening. Quite a dissapointing experience.

13 REPLIES 13
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: ESPN Plus keeps turning off on my Roku

Hi @KevProfile,

Greetings from the Roku Community!
We understand you're having a problem with your ESPN channel. We're happy to help you. Please try these troubleshooting steps below: 

• Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press Star to open the Options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  • Restart your Roku device: Press home on your Roku remote, select settings, select system, and system restart.
  • Re-install the channel: Scroll down to search, put the name of the channel or app, highlight the channel, and select add channel.

Let us know how it works, and we will continue to assist you further.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
KevProfile
Reel Rookie

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, I do not see the Remove channel option. Below are the options available for me.

• My rating
  • Move channel
  • Manage subscription
  • Check for updates
  • Give us feedback
  • Close
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@KevProfile-

Is your ESPN+ subscription made and paid through Roku?  If so, there will be a "Manage subscription" option instead of a "Remove channel" option. Click this and follow the prompts to cancel your subscription. 

Now when you return to the channel tile, the "Remove channel" option will be shown and you can proceed to remove the channel. 

Your subscription will continue to run for the rest of the prepaid subscription period, but will no longer auto-renew at that point. After re-installing the channel you can reinstate your subscription to restore its auto-renewal if you like.             

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
KevProfile
Reel Rookie

Hi Makai,

Thanks your response. I already did try that option as well. Even after canceling subscription, I do not see the Remove channel option. The options remain the same, I mentioned earlier.

0 Kudos
minesh228
Channel Surfer

I am also facing similar issue and even after following the steps suggested getting the same problem.

cptnemo
Channel Surfer

i also tried to remove the espn app, restart roky and reinstall. Still same problem remains. I have the roku Ultra model currently.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @KevProfile @cptnemo,

We're glad that you reached us here and appreciate the troubleshooting efforts. We'd like to take a closer look and see what causes this behavior.

Try connecting your device to an alternative network like a mobile hotspot then try to access the channel again to see if that helps.

Please keep us posted!

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
cptnemo
Channel Surfer

I notice this problem only when on the cricket telecast on espn plus - it does not seem to quit out when watching another show or event?

Also" it is not possible to fast forward  the recording on the cricket channel - is this another espn plus issue or something else?

Thank you

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for trying the provided troubleshooting steps, @cptnemo.

If issues with channels on the Roku platform cannot be fixed by our provided fixes, we suggest you reach out to the provider directly to inquire further, as this issue may be known on their end. Also, the observation you've shared suggests an isolated issue with this app, so getting in touch with the provider might sort out this concern.

Let us know your findings.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.