Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
grafixguy
Streaming Star

Dolby Vision on Paramount Plus being displayed as HDR 10+

Some time over the last few days, I noticed that shows that should be in Dolby Vision on P+ are being shown as HDR 10+ on the Roku app via the Roku Ultra and the Streaming Stick 4K+.

While it's certainly not the end of the world, just checking here to see if anyone's seen anything like this being reported. The devices are both hooked to Vizio TVs but there's been no updates to those sets and I don't have any other TVs to check it on.

8 REPLIES 8
jnmcclanahan77
Reel Rookie

Re: Dolby Vision on Paramount Plus being displayed as HDR 10+

I've noticed the same thing. Halo says Dolby Vision but displays in HDR10 using a Roku Ultra 

0 Kudos
Dfresh567
Roku Guru

@grafixguy 

Depending on the Roku device it will covert SDR to HDR when HDR is set to HDR always on. If that is disabled and the TV is receiving HDR then I'd think it is what you were watching

I don't think your Roku device itself to be the cause. Very interesting though

0 Kudos
grafixguy
Streaming Star

I'm not sure you get the issue. I've now checked the P+ app on two Vizio TVs as well as an LG OLED. All are DV capable. None of them display DD through the P+ app on Roku.

What I'm looking for and have now received is confirmation that this a P+ on Roku issue. Whether it's Roku's issue or Paramount's is up in the air right now.

0 Kudos
Tim_m

I'm seeing the same thing on my Roku streaming stick 4k. It works fine on the Google TV app. So it must be an issue with the Roku app. 

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Greetings Community users,

Thanks for reaching us about this issue and we're here to extend our assistance.

If the troubleshooting steps provided by our support page here (How to resolve a channel playback issue) do not help, please report back here along with the details below.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Channel build and version by pressing the star (*) button on your Roku remote.
  • Specific content and photo examples showing the issue, if possible.

The information requested will help our team to take a closer look into this issue.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jnmcclanahan77
Reel Rookie

@RokuERey 

Model 4802X - Roku Ultra 

Serial number - X01000APRPTL

Software Version - 13.0.0 build 24056-C2

I don't see a Tracker ID I see Issue ID TL-264-397

Channel build - 20240607

Version - 8.15

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

@jnmcclanahan77 @grafixguy @Tim_m 

Unfortunately this is a RokuOS-specific known issue caused by a Paramount+ server-side provisioning change/error over the weekend (other platforms are not impacted: e.g. FireTV OS, AndroidTV OS, WebOS)

Regardless you should report this to Paramount+ CS  (more reports = more likely to be fixed sooner than later).

hankstash
Reel Rookie

Paramount Plus not showing movies in DolbyVision

Tried watching Shooter in DolbyVision, but only got SDR. I have Streaming Stick 4k Plus. Other apps show DolbyVision. Paramount Plus works on my Hisense tv. What can I do? Tried restarting Roku. Also, tried removing app and reinstalling it. It doesn't work. Ideas?

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.