Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Babylon_Slim
Reel Rookie

Re: closed captions out of sync.

Jump to solution

I am having the same out of sync subtitles issue on Paramount+ Mayor of Kingston-

it has been happening all of June.  I haven’t encountered it elsewhere but that doesn’t mean it isn’t happening on other apps and shows.

i have a Roku Premier MODEL 3920RW

serial # YH00N9246104

software version — 13.00 build 24056-91

Please straighten this out. Like many with hearing issues I can ”hear” the dialog best when I can    read  The subtitles 

0 Kudos
MitchInMCO
Channel Surfer

Re: Closed Caption not syncing with paramount+

Jump to solution

But again, you get your Paramount+ content from the Roku device.  You just play it on the Samsung TV.  If you hooked a laptop up via an HDMI cable and streamed it or hooked up a Chromecast and cast it from a computer, the captions would most likely be working.  The Roku streaming device you are using is the source of the bug.

If your Samsung TV was a smart TV that had a Paramount+ app, that would possibly work also.

0 Kudos
alaskanseminole
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It's only Paramount (for me) and only on a Roku device. It works fine on ChromeCast, PC, phone, etc. I have an escalated ticket with Paramount. Case #19476829

0 Kudos
Jmusich
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Glad someone got through to Paramount Plus. It was an endless circle when I tried. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Greetings Community users,

We just wanted to drop in and let you know that this issue is currently under investigation. We appreciate you for keeping us posted, and we'll make sure to get back here for further updates on how things turn out.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

All the best,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
xls79bsy
Reel Rookie

Re: Closed Caption not syncing with Paramount Plus

Jump to solution

I too went to Chromecast for a solution. CC is also ok on Fire TV.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Same problem here...looks like it might be fixed now? I had this same issue a few weeks ago...it worked on the mobil app, but not on any of my home Roku devices (a TCL Roku TV, a 4K stick and an Ultra). 

0 Kudos
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It appears to have been corrected, at least for me. The closed captions on Star Trek Discovery is now synced with the picture. I wasn't having any issues on other shows on Paramount+, so it remains to be seen if that's still the case.

Good luck to the rest of you, I hope your issues are resolved soon.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@0607 @Quimby @Frank_the_Tank @xls79bsy 

This CC/subtitles out-of-sync issue should be fixed for all content (in general) for the P+ app on RokuOS as of 6pm 7/1

Jmusich
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Spot view suggests CC is working here too, Thanks.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.