Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BarbS2
Binge Watcher

Disney Plus with Ads not on ROKU

Jump to solution

ROKU is not enabling the new Disney Plus with ads subscriptions on any of its devices!!!!

ROKU enables other cheaper subs with ads like HULU and Netfllx but not the new Disney Plus with ads.   I already have 3 ROKU devices but am thinking of getting an Amazon stick for the TVs if ROKU is becoming less dependable.  

3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Disney Plus with Ads not on ROKU

Jump to solution

Hi @BarbS2,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Please be advised that Disney plus remains available on Roku, however, Disney plus Basic is not currently supported. We will let customers know if it becomes available in the future.

We appreciate your patience regarding this matter, as we continue to work to deliver better a streaming experience for our customers.

Best regards,
Mary

View solution in original post

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the post and for sharing your thoughts.

We don’t have any information at this time regarding when Disney+ Basic. We will let the Community know if it becomes available in the future.

You may watch Disney+ Basic on your Roku by sharing the content from an Apple, Android, or Windows device. Here’s how:

We appreciate your patience and interest while we continue working to deliver a better streaming experience for our customers.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community and we appreciate your patience regarding this matter.

Good news! We're happy to announce that Disney Plus Basic (With Ads) is now available on Roku.

Please be advised that Disney Plus Basic (With Ads) does not require installing a separate channel. Roku users can change subscriptions directly from their Roku accounts by signing in at my.roku.com  or on their Roku device and following the instructions to change or downgrade subscriptions billed through Roku Pay.

For more information, check out our post on the Roku Blog here: Disney+ Basic (With Ads) now available on Roku

Thanks for choosing Roku! Happy Streaming!

Best regards,
Mary

183 REPLIES 183
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

It's not that Roku is becoming less dependable.  It's that Roku and Disney are still working out a carriage agreement for this new form of Disney+.  It's in both parties' best interest to work this out quickly.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Based on something I found on the internet, this Disney Plus with Ads only became available yesterday.  Based on watching cable/satellite companies for decades, I know that carriage issues can take months to work out. (Though a lot of them get resolved behind the scenes and “we” never even notice.)  I wouldn’t worry too much yet.

When Netflix with ads appeared, it was immediately available on Roku, but not immediately on Apple TV or Chromecast.  So, I guess if you require every new service on the day of launch, you will want multiple streaming platforms.  Then again, there is so much on any streaming platform at any time, that I don’t worry much about these issues.

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @BarbS2,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Please be advised that Disney plus remains available on Roku, however, Disney plus Basic is not currently supported. We will let customers know if it becomes available in the future.

We appreciate your patience regarding this matter, as we continue to work to deliver better a streaming experience for our customers.

Best regards,
Mary

Jump to solution

Disney and Roku should have had this figured out ahead of time or let Roku customers know about the delay.  Below is what I sent to Hulu/Disney+.

"I am COMPLETELY DISAPPOINTED IN HULU/DISNEY+ when you sent email announcing the bundle price increase and the option, that could not be undone, to go $3 cheaper and get Disney+ with ads, NEVER TELLING YOUR CUSTOMERS that now I pay for something that I cannot watch on Roku. [personal information removed]"

rljordan
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I also am disappointed in Roku for even allowing someone to sign up for Disney Plus if it is not available now. I signed up the beginning of this week to watch Christmas shows just to find out that it was not available when I tried to watch it. Thought it was something I did until I saw on the internet that there was a problem between Roku and Disney. Why did Roku take my $10.99 if it was unavailable. Then the Roku customer service are clueless and had me jump through all these hoops trying to get it to work.

Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

As far as I know, Disney Plus ($10.99) is available on Roku.  The thread is about Disney Plus with Ads ($7.99) (AKA Disney Plus Basic) that is currently not on Roku.

rljordan
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I appreciate your reply to my post. I have a Roku Express 4K+ and had Disney about 6 months ago and it worked fine. Now after I signed up last week, I get a message that says Disney is not available on this device. I have tried everything that was recommended to me by Roku support and no one could get it to work for me. If you can tell me how to get it to work, that would be great. I have the $10.99 Disney available on my Roku account.

TV4life
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Like others, I just discovered this issue myself. Went through chats with both Hulu & Roku reps who confirmed service " not available" but no mention of a carriage dispute as the reason. An email notice to subscribers would have been nice.

BarbS2
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

My husband is using Chromecast to watch the Basic Disney Plus with ads.  I have not watched the Basic Disney Plus since no content appeals to me and I prefer using ROKU for streaming. If it weren't so cheap, I would cancel the Basic Disney subscription added to HULU.  This inconsiderate roll-out has hurt future streaming choices in a competitive market for both Disney and ROKU.