Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rmb3005
Reel Rookie

Re: Disney Plus with Ads not on ROKU

Jump to solution

Hulu is offering they’re live TV package with Disney Plus with ads and ESPN Plus, but since Roku doesn’t support Disney Plus with ads, I can’t access it. What’s the point of having Disney Plus if I can’t use it?

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Disney Plus remains available on Roku devices. Disney Plus with ads (or Basic as they may call it) is a different service and Disney has to make it available on Roku. Disney has complete control of the platforms they make their services available on, and the platform providers (such as Roku) cannot alter that. So your complaints need to be focused on Disney. There's nothing Roku can do to force Disney to make their content available on Roku devices. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Most likely this is a fight over ad revenue and ad sharing. The Disney+ agreement with Roku was for ad-free. With ads, Roku wants a new agreement that lets them insert their own ads, and share in revenue from ads.

Jump to solution

YES! Exactly what she said! I actually cancelled my Hulu subscription so that I could sign up for the Disney+ bundle. They sure didn’t mind taking my money! Why would this not be in huge bold print before allowing people to sign up and pay for it?! And if you can’t reach negotiations, we should then be allowed access to Disney+ streaming channel until resolved! BAD CUSTOMER SERVICS! 

Jump to solution

No but Roku sure can provide a refund for those of us that have paid for it and can’t access it ..

OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

You can get the Disney Bundle for free from Verizon wireless as long as you have your plan set to the either the get more unlimited or the play more plan.

0 Kudos
Mash1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This is absolutely unacceptable. I signed up for the hulu basic plus Disney yesterday (and paid of course) only to find out this morning that I can’t access it from Roku!! I’m on a fixed income and so upset right now I’m considering dropping Roku altogether. 

Tags (1)
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Mash1 your anger is misplaced. Disney is the one and only entity that is controlling where that specific content can be viewed. Roku can't offer it if Disney doesn't make it available. We don't know what's going on in the background, but in the end it is up to Disney to make it available and should be making it clear where their content is available. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Nothappywu

Jump to solution

I prefer the user interface that roku has over the firestick but if I have to pay a higher monthly fee to watch Disney on roku it's only logical to switch to firestick if this is going to be an ongoing issue. Thank you for helping me make the decision.

mE_2020_2020
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

As an avid Roku user I am getting fed up with you not keeping up with Streaming Apps & making me pay $20+ just to upgrade for a Disney Plus Bundle! I am thing about jumping ship and instead of going to Best Buy for a new Roku (since both remotes stopped working) within a month of each other to a Firestick. Its just bad business and bad marketing plus you never said a word about it to your customers! Disney had to tell me! I have ChromeCast so if you don't want me and other loyal Roku customers TO BAIL you need to fix this!