Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Great British Baking Show missing episodes

Jump to solution

Hi @kandy1,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

We are currently aware, and our engineering team has been investigating this issue closely. We have passed along the additional information to the appropriate Roku team. In the meantime, we appreciate your patience and understanding regarding this matter.

If there's anything else we can further assist you with aside from this, please let us know.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bethtnt
Reel Rookie

Re: Why did you remove Great British Bake Off

Jump to solution

I literally was watching it Monday, and it disappeared off of my selections. Yesterday I started season 4, and today half of that is gone! This is actually the reason I downloaded Roku. Are you working to fix this? I think a whole lot of people are not happy about this. Thank you,

Shawn 

Jk16

Jump to solution

We started losing episodes a few days ago. First we were in the middle of Ep. 3, Season 1. The next day, the season started on Ep. 4. Now we're down to just Seasons 4-6 as options, starting on Ep. 7. I've rebooted, forced the app to stop, nothing works. And I keep seeing messages from Roku to replies above from weeks ago that they're working on it. This app is worse than Hulu!

Baker60
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I just checked… now I missed 3 episodes of 4…from last night. 
Does no one care??? Typical… sell a service and then give horrible service. 

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

When companies like Roku license content to offer on their service, the content owners don't always permit every season/episode to be available. That is why you can't always find every season or even every episode in the season. Nothing Roku can do about it, as the content owners have complete control over that. 

The other issue is that the contract that allows Roku to stream the content has an expiration date. When that date is reached, the content must be removed or they are in breech of their contract. You see the same thing happen on providers like Netflix or Prime Video for content they don't own. It would be nice if Roku would maintain a web page that lists the expiration date for their content, but so far that's never happened. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Baker60 wrote:

I just checked… now I missed 3 episodes of 4…from last night. 
Does no one care??? Typical… sell a service and then give horrible service. 

There's no charge for The Roku Channel, so they didn't sell anything.

Content owners license their content to companies like Roku for a specific length of time, and they sometimes restrict which seasons/episodes are available and for how long. That is out of Roku's control, but when the time expires, Roku has to remove the content. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Baker60
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I understand licensing.. what I don’t understand is the on again off again status of the episodes. And the lack of communication from Roku that the program is leaving. I doubt Channel 4 is yanking licensing a few at a time and then giving some back… ??? So I don’t believe you provided a solution. 
Further, I unfortunately spent money on a Roku device just so I could watch all the past episodes. That was a waste of money. 

DovahXan

Jump to solution

I have most of season 6 missing and all of season 7 😞

Tech019

Re: Did Great British Baking Show VOD get removed?

Jump to solution

Every day I wake up another season is gone. Season 1,2,3 & 7 are all gone. Now season 4 starts at episode 7 and season starts at episode 9. Can anyone please tell me what is going on? 

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Baker60, @Tech019,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community!

It is important to keep in mind that we do not program any apps for our channel partners. They will most likely provide a variety of app bundles tailored to the platform, and the channel partner is solely responsible for the management of these apps.

Because there may be some instances in which the particular channel provider demands additional information or facts on the subscribers that we do not have access to, we recommend to our customers that they get in touch with the channel provider directly.

In addition, sometimes our content providers may choose to remove their channel from our platform at their request. In some cases, a channel may be removed by us if it violates our terms and conditions or is no longer supported.

We hope for your understanding regarding this matter.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.