Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
demsd
Roku Guru

Can not remove Topic channel

I had a trial for Topic streaming service quite a while ago. I tried deleting the channel now that the service is no longer available, but the option isn't available in the * menu.

20240705_002712.jpg

40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can not remove Topic channel

@demsd-

I've seen other reports of inability to remove now-defunct channel apps.

I don't know if this will help, but you might try to remove the channel via the Roku Remote app on an Android or iOS mobile device.  At the bottom of the app's Home screen, click Search and do a search for the installed channel name. On the resulting screen you should get options to Launch the channel on your Roku, or Remove the channel.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
demsd
Roku Guru

It's not available in the store, so the channel doesn't show up anywhere.

40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Sorry, I didn't notice that the channel tile says "Topic on The Roku Channel".

Only thing I can think to try would be to remove and reinstall The Roku Channel itself, to see if it gets an updated list of included channels.

Since you appear to have several subscriptions through The Roku Channel, you may not be able to remove it except through the Roku Remote app method mentioned previously.

If you ARE able to remove it, RESTART you Roku to clear its memory cache, via Settings > System > Power > System restart before you attempt to re-install.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
demsd
Roku Guru

I can look all day long for the channel, regardless of where I look, the Topic streaming service is no longer available on Roku. You'll not find it in the channel store or in the Roku Remote app. Apparently, Roku didn't bother to tell people to remove the channel before they stopped offering the service.

40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.