Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Binweld
Reel Rookie

Credits screen minimizing and going black on streaming services

Hello, every time I watch a movie/TV show on my Roku TV when the credits minimize the screen goes black and I can only hear the audio. Does anyone know of a fix for this?

12 REPLIES 12
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Credits screen minimizing and going black on streaming services

Hi, @Binweld

Greetings and welcome to the Roku Community.

Thanks for sharing the issue you've experienced with us, and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. May we know what content this issue occurs? Also, what channel/app is accessed while streaming this content? Further, have you already tried a system restart as a troubleshooting step to resolve the issue?

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Binweld
Reel Rookie

Hi Kash, thanks for getting back to me. It’s on any streaming service (Netflix, Crave, Disney+) on any tv show or movie. As soon as the screen minimizes to preview the next episode or other content the minimized screen goes completely black, you can hear the audio but can’t see anything.

I have already tried a system reset and restored the TV to factory settings but the problem persists.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the response, @Binweld

We appreciate your efforts in the attempts to resolve the issue. We'd like to ask for additional details for us to investigate this case. Kindly provide us with the following:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • What channel and what version/build are the affected channels? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • A photo or video clip referring to the issue,

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further. 

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Binweld
Reel Rookie

Hi Kash,

Model: A113X - Roku TV

Serial Number - X00300D60ENU (S05EY0D60ENU)

Software Version: 12.5.0 Build 4176-88

GC Version: 10.5.39

Timestamp: 2024-01-12T02:06:01Z

issue ID NU-015-966

This time it was on Disney+ but has also recently happened on Netflix and Crave

0 Kudos
mericksonks
Reel Rookie

Hello,

I have been having this exact same problem for months and it's driving me nuts. It happens in any app that minimizes the credits screen on a movie or TV show, bringing up a menu with other shows or movies to watch. Today it happened in the Max app. Please let me know if there is a way to fix it. Here are my details --

Device: TCL Roku TV, model 55R635

Serial number: X003001WFUUJ

Device ID: S05EY08WFUUJ

Software: Version 12.5.5, build 4174-88

Channel: Max, version 55.3, build 1 (though it happens in multiple other channels, as well)

GC version: 10.5.39

Timestamp: 2024-01-12T03:29:26Z

Issue ID from tracker: UJ-016-049

And here is a link to a video I took with my phone of the issue occurring. You can see the credits going black as the window is minimized, and then the screen remains black when I select the window and maximize it again. Please let us know if there is a fix for this.

0 Kudos
Binweld
Reel Rookie

Yep exactly the same thing happens to me, thanks for uploading the video as it demonstrates the issue exactly (and great choice of movie by the way).

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for providing us with these details, @Binweld @mericksonks.

Rest assured that we will forward this to our relevant team for further review and find you the best resolution possible. Your convenience and satisfaction are what we always aim for therefore we'll try our hardest to resolve this as quickly as we can.

In the meantime, your patience and understanding are highly appreciated as we work on this.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
aw9182
Binge Watcher

I'm having the exact same issue with my Roku TV.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @aw9182,

Thanks for letting us know.

We believe there's an ongoing investigation by our Roku engineers regarding this concern. To include your device in the said review and investigation, kindly provide us with the following:

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Troubleshooting steps you have taken in an attempt to resolve the issue.
  • A video clip or photo of the said issue.

Once a few more pieces of information have been gathered, we will be able to pass them along to the appropriate support team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos