Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jtmorgan

Re: Credits screen minimizing and going black on streaming services

Ive been having the same issue with Max app and possibly others since buying the tv. Sometimes it cuts the last 12 minutes off of the end of shows on CW app. I took a video of the max app behavior but see no way to attach it.

Model A113X - Roku TV

serial X00300JYMVJR (SO5EY23MVJR)

Software version 12.5.5 build 4177-88

GC version 11.1.25

Timestamp 2024-04-02T04:03:29Z

issue ID JR-132-723

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Greetings from the Roku Community, @Jtmorgan!

Our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused your streaming with the Max channel and we appreciate you letting us know about this.

Could you also provide us with the specific channels affected by this? Also, if this only happens to the Max channel, kindly try to perform the troubleshooting steps below to see if this will make any difference:

1. Remove the channel: navigate to your Home screen, move to the right, highlight the app, press Star*, then select Remove channel
  2. Perform a system reboot: navigate to your Home, select Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart
  3. Re-install the channel: navigate to your Home, scroll and select Store, look for the app, then press Add channel
  4. A short video clip of it happening. (download the video on your Google Drive and provide us the link)

If the issue persists, kindly try to reach out to Max's Support and raise this playback issue with them for further assistance and clarification. 

Keep us posted on how it goes!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mikepierce

Hi - Is there any update on this situation?  I am having the same problem. At the end credits, when the screen minimizes, the small screen goes black.  Even after I click on the small screen to maximize it, the screen remains black.  Audio and captioning continues, but that's all.  This happens with Max, Hulu, & Netflix.  

TCL 65R635, Serial 2203GTO003096A00191

Software Version 12.5.5

Build 4177

I, and others, would appreciate a fix!

Paul

0 Kudos
Luna24

This is happening for me too!  I've made all the fixes I can in my accounts (turning off auto preview and auto play next episode) but at the end of an episode, the screen minimizes, goes black and then when i click to restore it, there is audio and captions but no video and no credits.  Max, Hulu and Netflix - probably more.

TCL Model 55R635 Serial X00300XU82L

Hardware ID a113X

Software 13.00 

build 24056-88

PlEASE HELP!

RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us posted, @Luna24!

We appreciate you sending us the requested details. We'll pass along your information to the appropriate Roku team for review. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we handle this.

If there's anything else or if you have other concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. We are here to listen and help in any way we can!

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
aw9182
Streaming Star

Another app that suffers from this issue in a major way is the Sling app. To look at the channel guide while playing a channel, the app puts a small window preview of what is currently playing the lower right section of the screen. With this bug the preview window goes black and when you maximize it again it stays black and you only hear the audio. This essentially prevents you from browsing content on the main lineup grid which is completely unacceptable and kills a major feature of the app. 

Weather Nation is another app the has this same issue. On the main home screen if you hover over the live playing video window that too goes black and stays black when you maximize the content leaving you to only listen to the feed and not see anything. 

The MLB app also has this same bug. When you click on the "Gameday" feature while watching a game, the video shrinks to the right hand side of the screen and also goes black! The only way to fix it is to exit out of the game and then select it again to keep watching with picture. 

This is not an issue with a single app but many and seems to be a bug with the TLC Roku TV as I have not had any issues on my Roku Ultra!

RokuRey-V
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @aw9182,

Thanks for sharing this information in this thread. We would like to ask for the following information that @RokuJanadeeK asked above.

Your patience and understanding are highly appreciated while we work to resolve the issue.

Regards,
Reyn

Rey V.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
aw9182
Streaming Star

@RokuRey-V @RokuJharra-Q 

TCL Model: 55R635

Hardware ID: A113X

Serial number: X00300P4CFVF

Software version: 13.0.0 Build 24056-88

Device ID S05EY184CFVF

ISSUE ID: VF-215-970

Here are videos of the issues I reported above for the different Apps:

Weather Nation - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jemeabB86vrlPnm_hhTg5CVJfXUsI5l-/view?usp=sharing

Sling TV - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jpfAFOnG4_D4eLGrAFGhKAGfeZAn7hMl/view?usp=sharing 

MLB - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jnRyQ3rNZv3_aprIpARMCEA3PivQelTL/view?usp=sharing

These issues have been going on since last year so they need to move up the priority list of the software engineers. When they are severe enough that they basically can completely ruin an app something needs to be fixed ASAP.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We appreciate the follow-up, @aw9182.

Rest assured, we have collected and forwarded the following details to the appropriate Roku team for review and further investigation. We appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime. Should an update be available for this concern, we'll promptly let this thread know.

Let us know if you have further inquiries regarding this.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
kenr276
Reel Rookie

Having the same problem for over a year on all channels that minimize the window the screen goes black but you can still hear the audio and see the close captioning.

TLC model 65R635

Hardware ID A114X

serial number X003001FAVAA

software version 13.00 build 24062-88

Device ID S05FY15FAVAA

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.