Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jutopia

Re: No titles will play on The Roku Channel

Jump to solution

Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)

onn. model 100012587

Serial Number X01200YJN2R5

Device ID: S0UN82CJN2R5

does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel

The Roku Channel. V8.0 build 72. 

specific content title that you are seeing this issue occur with

All content on the Roku Channel. 

tracker ID when this issue occurs 

This does not produce any error codes. 

steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Launch Roku Channel. Choose a program. From the summary page, press play. Summary page reloads. 

where are you currently located

Moses Lake, Washington. 

0 Kudos
Deegar

Re: Roku Channel Won't Play Anything At All

Jump to solution

Tried everything,  Roku channel still won't play.  What's the deal?

0 Kudos
aftermidnite
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This has been going on for days and still nothing, at least on the Roku Channel, on a Roku device no less. All they do is periodically ask for stupid and superfluous information. It's clear they have no idea what to do. I even went so far as to deactivate my account and create a new one, with no success, before coming here and finding this thread. There should be a big banner on the home page saying you can't access their own channel right now.

0 Kudos
pc-man

Jump to solution

they have no idea what's wrong.

0 Kudos
Gls1526

Jump to solution

I am experiencing the same problems.  I did cancel my discovery plus subscription,  no sense paying for programming your Roku will not play. I am appalled that Roku support has not noticed so many Roku users have the same problem and not provided detail instructions to Roku customers as to how to resolve this Roku programming play back problem?

0 Kudos
Henbird
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Channel Won't Play

Jump to solution

I also started having this issue 4 days ago. Anything I try to watch on the RokuChannel or UpFaith and Family will not load. All my other channels work fine. I have 3 Roku devices all doing the same thing.

I did all the suggested “fixes” with no result. I also online chatted with tech support for over an hour, re did all the same “fixes”, plus gave them all the details mentioned in this thread. They left it with “someone will look further into it and email you”. 

Is there a phone number to a human tech support? Is it really taking months for a solution?

Thanks

0 Kudos
tomz55
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Appears to be working now; I'll keep testing.

0 Kudos
Ntravelr

Jump to solution

I am going to request a credit since this Roku channel has been unavailable for days.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Ntravelr wrote:

I am going to request a credit since this Roku channel has been unavailable for days.

Credit for what? The Roku Channel is free. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Dsynn

Re: Content on the Roku Channel Will Not Play

Jump to solution

I had the same issue. Very annoying 

0 Kudos