Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GSchulf
Reel Rookie

Re: therokuchannel.roku.com videos don't play

Jump to solution

This is also affecting premium services, such as "Discovery+ on Roku", as well as the fact that the Roku devices are not free.

GSchulf
Reel Rookie

Re: Programs On ROKU Channel Will Not Stream

Jump to solution

Thanks for sharing. That was going to be my next step, but I know it will be time consuming.

Dkmccarthy
Reel Rookie

Re: Non-Roku apps work fine. Roku channels not working!

Jump to solution

I sent an email directly to one of the support people on this feed and below is the response I got.  

RokuNimfa-C

Community Moderator RokuNimfa-C to Dkmccarthy

yesterday

Re: Nothing showing on channel

Hello Dkmccarthy, 

Thanks for reaching out. 

We apologize for the inconvenience of this playback issue you are experiencing with The Roku Channel. Our Support team is already conducting an investigation on this matter. And all the information of the affected users has been provided to help them investigate the issue further. If you haven't provided your details, feel free to send them here:

Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)

does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)

a specific content title that you are seeing this issue occur with

tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

where are you currently located

We prioritize resolving this as soon as possible, and we ask that you bear with us as we manage this issue.

rbinford
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Channel Won't Play Anything At All

Jump to solution

I also did what KyleK29 did, went through all the suggested Roku trouble shooting and it did not resolve the issue. 

I then tried what Kyle did, turning on my cellular HOTSPOT connecting my ROKU TV to my HOTSPOT and all of the Live Roku Channels on the ROKU Channel App work fine. 

I have 5 Rokus in the home (2 Roku Tvs and 3 Roku Streaming Sticks) all have the same issue. The issue has to be some kind of rounting issue that is NOT SPECIFIC to just one ISP since so many people from all over the country are having the same issues.

You would think that ROKU ENGINEERING work be getting involved to resolve the issue NOT THE ROKU CHANNEL MONITOR who keeps repeating the same suggested fixes which are not working.

rbinford
Reel Rookie

Re: Content on the Roku Channel Will Not Play

Jump to solution

Could it be that Roku is running the lastest OS 12 on the backend and all of us that are having problems are running OS 11.5.0??? Tried to update all 5 of my devices and they all say they are uptodate with 11.5.0.

Re: Roku Channel won't play some videos

Jump to solution

All my other channels are working fine, it's just the movies on my ROKU channel that will not play?  It keeps going back to the PLAY button?  I've restarted my modem and reset my ROKU stick, but this had no effect?  NETFLIX, PEACOCK and HULU movies play fine?  

0 Kudos
taujenis

Re: Roku channel shows not playing

Jump to solution

I’ve tried your suggestions and the Roku Channel still is not working. Also, I tried rebooting my router and Roku Ultra simultaneously as someone else had suggested with no positive results. What other fixes do you have?

0 Kudos
jgutty

Suddenly, no videos will play on the roku channel

Jump to solution

We have a roku tv, and a few roku standalones, such as the express 4k.  My wife has been watching the roku channel content for months.  As of yesterday, the content will not play, it just goes back to the initial selection screen. I have tried all the recommended fixes i can find in this endless mess of posts. The only thing I can think of is that it ma be related to our POP through starlink, our provider. But, why has it not been an issue up to yesterday?

0 Kudos
WubbleGubble
Streaming Star

Re: Content on the Roku Channel Will Not Play

Jump to solution

A valid point!

0 Kudos
WubbleGubble
Streaming Star

Re: Programs On ROKU Channel Will Not Stream

Jump to solution

Model: 3930X - Roku Express

Serial Number: X004004M20LE

Software Version: 11.5.0 - Build 4312-AE

Device ID: S008298M20LE

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.