Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GSchulf
Reel Rookie

Re: Cannot play VOD titles in Roku Channel

Jump to solution

When I try to play any title on the Roku channel the screen blinks, then says "Loading..." for about 1/2 of a second and goes right back to the landing page for that show. This is only on the Roku channel. Other channels are working fine. This is affecting all 4 Roku devices in the house. I have reset the devices, checked for updates, logged out and back into my account. 

tomz55
Reel Rookie

Re: therokuchannel.roku.com videos don't play

Jump to solution

this has been going on way too long.  How about some specifics on what the technicians are finding and what solutions are being worked on.  How long will this outage take to be repaired?  It's a free service I know, but reputation is paramount.

WubbleGubble
Streaming Star

Re: No titles will play on The Roku Channel

Jump to solution

It would seam then that the simple addition of a REQUIRED form demanding each device(s) serial number to be validated upon submission would be beneficial prior to publishing to the board.

This would be by far superior to any user essentially breaking-balls on users that have not submitted model#, Serial # in their forum post seeking help .. Essentially it is shaming without any policy in effect

Otherwise, we all need to be mind readers!

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: therokuchannel.roku.com videos don't play

Jump to solution

@tomz55 

I have to agree some real meaningful  info would be nice. OK some network problems can be really rough to figure out but, most people would be much more understanding with regular updates.

ken58

Re: Content on the Roku Channel Will Not Play

Jump to solution

Same problem. Tried all the usual fixes...

I don't have my premium channels through the ROKU channel like some folks, so it's just an inconvenience, rather than a $ issue. But, seeing as how there are many similar complaints, would seem to me that the ROKU folks should have a fix for this long ago.

No one is going to sign up for premium channels through the ROKU company if there are going to have these kinds of issues!

WubbleGubble
Streaming Star

Re: Programs On ROKU Channel Will Not Stream

Jump to solution

Device Serial Number # : X004004M20LE

0 Kudos
ken58

Jump to solution

I disagree with statement RE: Not across all devices, as I have seen complaints from persons with streaming sticks, smart tv's, etc. and my device is the ROKU Ultra 4670X.

For support FYI - ID:KW9056864330

11.5.0 Build 4312-46

Like I said, not costing me $, like some folks, but truly annoying, and not a good reflection on the company.

Also, had a heck of a time to get into my account, as it kept saying my email and password didn't match, even after a reset. The only way I got here was by using the link sent to my email!!!!

WubbleGubble
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Out of frustration, I just "Reset" the ROKU device by pressing the Reset button using a small pin.

No change after setup was completed 😖

RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Cannot play VOD titles in Roku Channel

Jump to solution

@GSchulf

Thanks for following up. 

As you can see that we are aware of the problem and our Support team is already closely resolving this issue. Once we have more information available we'll be sure to update this Community thread.

We will continue to monitor the situation and provide updates as necessary.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
WubbleGubble
Streaming Star

Re: Content on the Roku Channel Will Not Play

Jump to solution

SPOT ON!!!5 Stars to YOU!5 Stars to YOU!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.