Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sandyvandy
Reel Rookie

Re: No titles will play on The Roku Channel

Jump to solution

Why does "roku support" continue to repeat their instructions.  We have ALL tried these various times and it still will not work.  Roku Channel itself HAS to have an issue.  Can Roku admit this so we don't keep wasting our time looking???  I removed my subscriptions so I won't get charged when I can't watch them, but thankfully Roku Channel itself is free.  Anyone get any help?

Tdwlew
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Channel Won't Play Anything At All

Jump to solution

I have 5 Roku devices in my home for quite a while, no issues.  Now none are able to stream video on “The Roku Channel”.  All other channels work fine.  I tried the whole delete and reboot fix, but it didn’t work.  What’s up?

PittyPatt

Re: Content on the Roku Channel Will Not Play

Jump to solution

For the last three days.  I have had the same issue.  received a response on a ticket to day.  They may have answer. apps still won't play, even the Roku Channel.

0 Kudos
Sh4
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

I'm using The Roku Channel on my Ultra right now with no issues. I first tried one of the Live TV channels, and then selected a movie. Again, no issues. 

When reporting problems with your Roku device, it's critical to include the type (TV or player) and the specific model number. Please don't just say "Express" or Premiere". Those names are reused on numerous devices with completely different internal hardware. The Roku support staff need to know that model number. When the staff requests your serial number, that's because they can pull a system log remotely and perhaps identify a problem with the hardware or software. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
GSchulf
Reel Rookie

Cannot play VOD titles in Roku Channel

Jump to solution

Did this ever get resolved? I have the exact same problem on multiple ROKU devices.

0 Kudos
WubbleGubble
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

So are you attempting to suggest that the problem is nonexistent?

Somehow this is more like gas-lighting rather than help!

0 Kudos
Ethylester
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Channel Won't Play Anything At All

Jump to solution

Hey I posted this last night and did not get a reply from Roku support, so I'm posting it again. 

Roku support, here are my answers to your questions. Please help. Thanks.

Roku device model - 3820X streaming stick 4K

serial number - X01700DUX74K

device ID - S08Y426UX74K

software OS/version - 11.5.0 build 4312-CU

does this issue occur on a specific channel? --- yes, only the Roku channel, version 8.0, build 72

the specific content title that you are seeing this issue occur with -- all content on the channel

tracker ID when this issue occurs -- 4K-158-548

steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing -- I go to Roku channel, try to play a show, it just blinks at me and plays nothing, staying on the same screen as if I didn't select anything. 

where are you currently located - Michigan, USA.

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@WubbleGubble wrote:

So are you attempting to suggest that the problem is nonexistent?

Not at all. I'm providing another data point that shows that it's not affecting all devices. Roku needs that information as well. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Cannot play VOD titles in Roku Channel

Jump to solution

Greeting @GSchulf

Thank you for reaching out to the Roku Community.

We'd love to know more about the issue you are seeing so we can best assist you. Can you walk us through the problem occur? Share with us the steps to reproduce the issue. And what troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.