Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ianc2020
Streaming Star

Re: BBC iplayer fault code 02056

Thanks Danny

In this instance it appears to be a problem with the Roku software (? SSL Certficate not being valid on a number of sticks which Roku imported for sale in the UK market). The BBC support say they have spoken to Roku and Roku said they are working on a fix. The problem is with a relatively small number of devices, iPlayer works fine on the remainder, so it appears to be a ROKU software  issue.

So over to you Roku.

0 Kudos
Daveren13
Binge Watcher

I have a 3810EU which is on the supported list of BBC iPlayer Rokus.

I am getting persistent 02056 error messages despite today:

- checking my roku streaming stick+ has updated

- removing BBC iPlayer

- restarting (twice!)

- reinstalling iPlayer and logging in

I have tried to contact BBC iPlayer support but their live chat is not available and the 'contact' link puts you in a perpetual loop where you can't actually message anybody by any means only search existing help topics. I note they say the issue is 'recently fixed' and 'should be resolved by an update from Roku'

Daveren13
Binge Watcher

Of course as soon as I posted that live chat was unavailable it became available!

I chatted to an agent who reassured me the issue would be resolved by an update from Roku. They were surprised when I said I was still receiving the error and said they would forward on details of my model to technical support services.

I was provided the case number CAS-7228642

ianc2020
Streaming Star

Hi Daveren13  I have tried the steps you tried and reinstalling the ROKU without success - well done on finding the live chat - I didn't know that really existed. From your comments it does seem Roku recognise there is a problem.  The BBC say they did speak to ROKU and Roku said they were looking at a fix. Here's hoping

Daveren13
Binge Watcher

I got this on email from the BBC iPlayer support team:

Dear  Audience Member 

Thanks for contacting us to report issues using BBC iPlayer on your Roku device.

We have spoken to Roku and we are hopeful that recent issues should be resolved by an update from Roku. This will take a few days to roll out and issues should be resolved by the weekend.

If you are experiencing further issues after this update, please get back to us with the model and whether you are using an imported device.

Thanks again for contacting us and we hope you can get back to enjoying content on BBC iPlayer soon. 

Kind Regards

BBC iPlayer & BBC Sounds Support Team 

Steve704
Streaming Star

Hi Daveren13,

Thanks for your input on this subject and that from other forum participants in the last few days...all very interesting. I  too received an email response from BBC with similar wording. I still have the 02056 issue as of today and have gone back to the BBC to let them know. On the subject of whether the product was imported, I am not sure how I would know that other than the model number (3920) has an EU suffix and I live in the UK. Guess the serial number would mean something to some one on that score. I will post whatever new feedback I hopefully receive from the BBC. On that score it would have been useful if I/we could contacted Roku Tech specific  customer support (Is there one...) to get their side of the issue.... some one has to take responsibility for a fix, these sticks are relatively recent. I did send an email to Roku Customer services several days ago explaining the issue with absolutely no response to date. If anyone has a contact email address that would be really great.

ianc2020
Streaming Star

Hi Steve I have had emails with ROKU from customersupport@roku.com but they generally ignore the problem and say the fix is remove iplayer - update restart = reinstall (which I have tried many times now.   They are sticking to the line its not ROKUs problem contact the app provider (the BBC).  As I have mentioned BBC support did email me to say they had spoken to ROKU who were working on a fix. I would love to hear from someone in the Tech Dept (rather than Cust Relations) at ROKU to tell me either ROKU are working on a fix OR the stick is now obsolete. and can't play iplayer.  I am not giving up on this and hope that more users will contact the BBC and ROKU.

Regards

email from BBC 5/Jul/22....

'We have spoken to Roku and we are hopeful that recent issues should be resolved by an update from Roku.  If you are experiencing further issues after this update, please get back to us with the model and whether you are using an imported device.'

Steve704
Streaming Star

Hi ianc2020, thanks for your input. I have gone back to Roku customer service and have pushed them to put me in contact with their Tech services.... Will see what happens:

Latest Email to Roku:

It is very very poor that you donot see this matter as something that requires a response from Roku and that you have an active responsibility to resolve.  The BBC believe you are working on a fix and they appear surprised there is still an active problem. While the number of units affected is not not huge, I am not on my own, that is obvious from posts by the Roku community. The product 3920 EU bought in the UK between 2 and 3 years ago is relatively new and BBC Iplayer was one of my prime reasons for making the purchase. PLEASE PUT ME IN EMAIL CONTACT WITH YOUR TECHNICAL SUPPORT STAFF. It is not acceptable to own a product of this 'young' age that it seems has no active support. I will be raising the issue with the appropriate bodies in the UK if it is not fixed soon.

Please respond and constructively 
ianc2020
Streaming Star

Steve well said. I agree 100%

Dougie1
Channel Surfer

My Roku stick is 3810x and has worked more or less perfectly with iPlayer since I bought it. I now have the same 02056 issue. I can open iPlayer, see the menu / programs but on playing any, the error appears. I have done a full factory reset of the stick, reinstalled, updated iPlayer on the menu, deleted iPlayer, reinstalled iPlayer and the error persists. I will report to iPlayer help if I can, but it’s frustrating.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.