Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ianc2020
Streaming Star

Re: BBC iplayer fault code 02056

Monday 4 Jul. Roku Streaming Stick + . I tried the 3 steps and it didn't work for me. The BBC website says problem resolved - it isn't for me. Typical BBC says contact ROKU. Roku says contact BBC.  Anyone with an alternative solution that works ?

0 Kudos
Richiesday
Binge Watcher

That’s interesting my model 3810RW stopped working for about 2 weeks and then a few days ago mysteriously started working again. The problem started followed an update by iPlayer, the bbc publishes a list of Roku devices that are compatible. Looking back this problem seems to occur frequently dating back many years with reoccurring frequency, as my tv always displays iPlayer as does my phone and our other devices without fault always, I suspect but can’t prove that it’s Roku that isn’t fast enough to respond to iPlayer changes by issuing an update to its Roku models affected and this explains why certain models mysteriously start working again a few weeks later when the update is finally issued? 

0 Kudos
Richiesday
Binge Watcher

Many people are blaming iPlayer but as consumers if you buy a Roku product that says it plays bbc iPlayer then if it doesn’t you should look to Roku to ensure it’s compatible always, if it ceases to do what it says on the box return it and buy an alternative make there’s plenty of choice 

0 Kudos
ianc2020
Streaming Star

To Pichiesday  .. if only things were so simple, you will find that Roku take no responsibility for 3rd party apps working on their devices - you'll find it in very small print at the end of all the boasting about how good and how easy and compatible their devices are.  I've had the same issue with smart Sony TVs, Humax boxes and now this stick. As soon a newer model comes out all the support is focussed on that.

0 Kudos
glcohen
Channel Surfer

Actually it seems that ROKU were involved in the solution this time.  I had this reply to an email I sent to BBC saying that the problem has been solved on my device:

"

Thanks for taking the time to get back to us.

That's great to hear you got it working after having the issue. Roku have told us that the issue was happening because your device is an imported device and did not have the correct SSL certificates. They have since rolled out an update to fix the issue."
0 Kudos
ianc2020
Streaming Star

Glad to hear you got ypur device sorted. The BBC say that ROKU are working on a fix I hope that get released soon and the fault is resolved on my Roku stick. I did a complete reinstall today (5 Jul) but the 02056 error is still there on iplayer.

0 Kudos
Steve704
Streaming Star

I too have the 02056 fault code on Roku 3920EU premiere. I researched supported Roku streaming devices on  BBC iPlayer website and confirmed as far as BBC is concerned the 3920EU is a currently supported product. 

I then earlier today reported the fault via the BBC website and they came back relatively quickly and confirmed from there side that they are expecting Roku to resolve the issue with a software fix though they have obviously not provided a time line...... Over to you Roku?

Watch this space.....

0 Kudos
Richiesday
Binge Watcher

yes thank you that was my point too, and this bears out as bbc player 'faults' on Roku devices as widely reported going back years if you search it, its an ongoing problem which gets fixed by ROKU as and when there seems no consistency to the software fixes and seems entirely reactive not proactive.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

For more information about that channel's error codes and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
glcohen
Channel Surfer

Danny

Thanks for showing an interest in this Forum but this particular matter would probably have been resolved faster if it was possible to submit support tickets directly to ROKU.  Why does ROKU hide its technical support ? 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.