Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JimN1
Binge Watcher

BBC iplayer fault code 02056

I bought a Roku 4k stick end of May, all was fine until a week ago when BBC iplayer stopped playing live TV or recorded programmes, just comes up with error code 02056, tried all the usual, re-boot, re- install, factory reset, etc, etc. Reported fault to BBC support they are still looking into it. Any ideas gratefully received, I am at my wits end!

0 Kudos
181 REPLIES 181
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: BBC iplayer fault code 02056

@JimN1 

According to the BBC Website, Roku model 3820 (I'm assuming that's the model number; you didn't specify), is compatible with the service/app.

What your description doesn't say is the order of the steps in the reinstall. It should be:

1. Remove the app
  2. Reboot the Roku
  3. Reinstall the app

All three steps in that order. 1,2,3. Some leave out step 2. Some don't go 1,2,3 but will do 2,1,3 or 1,3,2 and think that's the same thing; it isn't. So, ensure you did those steps in that order.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
JimN1
Binge Watcher

No model number shown on packaging or paperwork  just says Roku Streamong Stick+, 4K, HD, HDR. After checking previous posts ref. Iplayer issues I followed steps 1, 2 & 3 in order and it made no difference.

0 Kudos
glcohen
Channel Surfer

I have the same problem with a ROKU Premier model 3920X and your cure does not work.  I also added a cold boot and a second warm reboot.  I also have a ROKU 3 Now TV streamer and this does not have a problem and there is no problem streaming BBC iPlayer to an iPad.  I get the same 02056 error when trying to start any BBC iPlayer stream.  There seems no way to report this issue directly to ROKU unless they read these posts.  

0 Kudos
JimN1
Binge Watcher

If I get a solution from BBC support I will post it here, but exhausted things to try now!

matt72

Have the same problem, same error code, starting in the last few days. I have tried recommended steps (in the right order!) plus rebooting router. iPlayer works fine on other devices on the same network. Irksome since I have no other way to watch BBC on my TV.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If the issue persists from one channel after attempting the suggestions above, videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. 

Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

You can reach them here: BBC iPlayer help and FAQs

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Harrybow

Can anyone here advise on how to contact BBC as directed by the Roky employee? I am having the same problem, and cannot see the error code on iplayer's help pages anywhere. I tried to contact them via Twitter but no reply

0 Kudos
JimN1
Binge Watcher

I have reported this fault to the BBC via an online chat yesterday, they are looking into it but it could take a couple of weeks! The more people who report it maybe the quicker they will resolve it. I just googled bbc iplayer support to find the online chat.

0 Kudos
Dubya
Reel Rookie

Yes… same here.  Also intermittently on Amazon Fire.

0 Kudos