Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UK live tv & iPlayer both not working

Jump to solution

Hi,

I bought a Roku TCL TV in the US, brought it back to the UK.

TCL Model number 43S435.

Got the TV working fine, did a hard factory reset, linked it to my UK Roku account, can use everything perfectly, wifi is fine, all my UK apps such as my UK ITVx, 4, My5, UK Disney account etc.

But, 2 problems:

1) the Live TV input isn’t working. I try to set it up with live streaming only, but every time I try it takes me to the display page for the timetable, and no channels appear. Wifi is fine and I can watch live tv from individual apps like ITVx no problem.

2) BBC iPlayer app doesn’t work. I try opening it and it just kicks me out without even letting me get to the account page. Going to bbc website it’s clear that the model for the tv isn’t one that iPlayer support. But given that their list that they do support is long and growing, how can this model be added to their list for them to support?

Thanks all for help!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: UK live tv & iPlayer both not working

Jump to solution

Hi @Samonfishing,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for sharing and we'd like to be of support here. Channel playback issue could happen sometimes. 

The Roku TV that you have is capable of streaming Live TVs, one can be accessed directly via The Roku Channel Live TV or via antenna Live TV. Could you tell us more on what you're trying to access? You may refer to our support page below and help us identify whether you're trying to access both.

For the BBC iPlayer, we would recommend to take a closer at some troubleshooting provided by our support page here: How to resolve a channel playback issue - Roku Support.

We'll be anticipating to your update!

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: UK live tv & iPlayer both not working

Jump to solution

Hi @Samonfishing,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for sharing and we'd like to be of support here. Channel playback issue could happen sometimes. 

The Roku TV that you have is capable of streaming Live TVs, one can be accessed directly via The Roku Channel Live TV or via antenna Live TV. Could you tell us more on what you're trying to access? You may refer to our support page below and help us identify whether you're trying to access both.

For the BBC iPlayer, we would recommend to take a closer at some troubleshooting provided by our support page here: How to resolve a channel playback issue - Roku Support.

We'll be anticipating to your update!

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.