Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Salbee
Reel Rookie

Cannot enter check out date in guest mode

I have Roku streaming stick in Guest Mode at my rental property. But when guest powers on the TV, it will not let them input a check out date. Menu works, just not check out date. Requires me to exit Guest Mode with my pin, which defeats the purpose of Guest Mode.  Any idea what's causing this problem?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Cannot enter check out date in guest mode

Hi @Salbee,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for reaching out about this and we'd be happy to be of assistance here.

Supposedly the guest will be greeted with a welcome screen prompting to choose the checkout date. In this case, we would recommend to resetting up this one to that device and see if that helps. You may refer to our support page for additional assistance here:  How do I set up Guest Mode on my Roku® streaming device?

Let us know how it goes!

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Salbee
Reel Rookie

Guest Mode is set up properly. It works initially with first guest, but after the guest checks out, the next guest is unable to input their check out date from the "welcome guest" screen.  When trying selecting check out date, all it does is beep. This requires me to tell the guest to exit guest mode using my pin. It's very frustrating for both me and the guest, and it could result in a poor Airbnb rating. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Salbee,

Thanks for the update!

In this case, we'll need more of information here and also need your help. Please report back here along with the details below.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when you see the issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times.
  • Errors you're seeing the screen.

Once we have the information available, we'll be able to forward this to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.