Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ianc2020
Streaming Star

Re: BBC iplayer fault code 02056

Hi Hector - Your baseball bat sounds a good solution - the only problem is finding these Rokupeople.

Although I have sent a few emails (using the procedure you set out) I only get the standard reply saying 'its all down to BBC iplayer,' then 'provide full details' ( as another member has copied onto the community ). I have never had a sensible reply which addresses the 02056 problem or suggests any time scale for fixing it.

My own view is that Roku don't give a fig, as only a relatively small number are affected and several have switched to Amazon Fire Stick. Personally on principle I am not inclined to write off the £40+ the stick cost  and will continue to stab away at the abysmal service Roku have provided.

Steve704
Streaming Star

Hi Hector, many thanks for Roku contact details. I will keep them in a safe place.

0 Kudos
JbPGH
Channel Surfer

HectorG12 - Thanks for the process to report to Roku.  I think the ability to get further help only comes up with certain devices like Streaming Stick + and the 4K version so it took me a while to work out why my device said I wasnt entitled to do anything except ask the Community!  Selected SS+ and the response I got (reset, reload etc) followed by "if this doesn't work ..." requests further details - didn't seem to be carefully drafted!  I like No 3 - I "could" access iplayer on ALL devices until a few weeks ago.

Roku Qs.jpg

0 Kudos
AlanCl

This problem first appeared on my 3180x during Wimbledon. Reset has not worked . I'm following the thread but  taking the easy way out and buying a Firestick. Putting  out the word "Dont buy a Roku" may hit them where it hurts

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@JbPGH

Thanks for the post. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for. Please be aware that I have already passed along your concerns to the appropriate team regarding that experience.

In regards to the BBC iPlayer error code, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DeadEyeP
Reel Rookie

Surely Roku should be pressuring the BBC as this is damaging the Roku brand?

Greendave
Reel Rookie

Just for info, I've also been using Twitter to harangue Roku support on this issue. My latest reply to them elicited a rather more helpful response from them than previously.....

Thank you for your unhelpful response. My view, for what it's worth, is that that an update from the channel provider has exposed an inconsistency in Roku devices which manifests itself by producing the error situation. You, Roku, need to work closely with the channel provider and affected customers to resolve this issue. This is hard work and will require commitment and expertise - it won't be a 5 minute fix! If you fail to do so then the only conclusion that can be reached is that Roku is not a serious player in this market and is indifferent to its customers. In time, the market will respond appropriately. 

0 Kudos
glcohen
Channel Surfer

It would be really helpful if someone could find out what is the meaning of the 02056 error code other than there is a problem.  Surely ROKU need to communicate with the iPlayer team and get this information.

JbPGH
Channel Surfer

glcohen - From the various references to "country" in the few responses from Roku my guess would be is that the iPlayer app rejects a connection from a Roku device that is not listed as having been sold in the UK and that it is Roku that provides this list based on the serial number of the device.  There was a reference somewhere to Rokus that were "imported" and sold in the UK and it may be that these devices are on the naughty list.  If this is the case then the responsibility lies squarely with Roku. 

I have two Rokus that are the same model - one has an EU suffix the other is an X.  The EU one works fine - the X one still has the 02056 error.

0 Kudos
DeadEyeP
Reel Rookie

The BBC does IP address look up to block you if you're abroad and / or using a VPN

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.