Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vulcan195
Binge Watcher

Re: 2022 June NEW BBC iPlayer loading problem

Jump to solution

RokuDanny,

The issue is only with 3941X Roku. It has firmware 11.0 4193-CR. Is there an update coming out soon?

0 Kudos
Sarah-Lou

Re: 2022 June NEW BBC iPlayer loading problem

Jump to solution

I have and continue to have the same problem, even today. 

0 Kudos
Pricehedgehog
Binge Watcher

Re: 2022 Aug NEW BBC iPlayer loading problem

Jump to solution

Same issue

Can’t get iPlayer on 3930EU

build 11.0.0 and 4193-EU

iplayer won’t update further than 32 

tried resetting, deleting, turning off router, resetting, deleting app, updating app, factory reset, every single time get error 02056 code

was working a few days earlier.

bought device earlier this year and same model exactly is on Roku website but not listed on BBC iPlayer supported devices

Frankly wasted an entire day on this !

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Pricehedgehog wrote:

bought device earlier this year and same model exactly is on Roku website but not listed on BBC iPlayer supported devices

The BBC is very strict on what players will work with their channel. Roku has no control over this. You have to purchase a Roku that's on the BBC support devices list.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Pricehedgehog
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Really….as I said it’s on the Roku main uk site with a nice picture of iplayer on the box

and as I said it was working last week

So trying to understand why the reply really 

0 Kudos
bouncybrian
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I have said it before, but ill repeat it, the issue isn't Roku's, its with the BBC.  If the device is on the BBC's supported devices, and you think you have a reportable issue, please try reporting it on https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/contact-iplayer-help/#/Need%20more%20help?

Otherwise if it isn't on their list of supportable devices, then its going to be hit and miss (more likely miss) that your device will work.

Yours is a 3930EU-GB, however they only list the 3930UK which does feel a bit odd, but is reason enough to use the link i have supplied, as you wont receive any support here.

0 Kudos
Pricehedgehog
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I do understand it’s not on their supported list

i bought it in April 22 is my point

and Roku do have a responsibility here if it’s for sale on their uk website

same version….

And doesn’t work

0 Kudos
bouncybrian
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I would disagree, the responsibility is with the maintainer of the channel which in this case is the BBC.  Would you complain to google or apple if an app developer didn't support or provide an app for your particular device? No you wouldn't, and you would receive no support from Google or Apple regarding it.  If you have an issue, please use the link i provided as you won't receive support here for the issue, only a number of users telling you the same thing.

0 Kudos
Pricehedgehog
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Seriously I don’t need a lecture ….

but I have every right to feel Roku should have a responsibility as well as the BBC

as Roku are claiming it works and it don’t so they are misleading people regardless even if it’s the BBCs issue to support it

So they could pick up there big Roku  phone and fix it if it affects their new devices don’t ya think?

actually don’t reply ….

0 Kudos
bouncybrian
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Have you picked up your big BBC support phone, and reported an issue?  If you haven't, don't expect a resolution as you are venting in the wrong place, to people who are trying to point you to the right place.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.