Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Acorn Tv not allowing me to watch

Hi @iamianciam,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We'd appreciate any additional information about this issue. We'd like to take a closer look at this.

Could you tell us a bit more about this? When did you see the issue occur? Is this a standalone channel or billed through Roku? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve this?

With more detailed information, we'll be able to work further into this.

Best regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
iamianciam
Reel Rookie

This is what happened:

1) the remote control started ‘skipping’ over episodes when using Roku apps on my TCL tv

2) I tried using the iPhone Roku app and that seemed fine (didn’t skip over any episodes) but when I tried to play them it said I was already signed into Acorn TV and to use the Roku account(!)

3) tried the Acorn TV APP, asks for another log in and doesn’t work

4) unplugged TV and this seems to have fixed the problem with the remote control 

5) current status on TV is the 2500-000000-607 (you have already subscribed to acorn tv via Roku) message whenever I try and play anything from Acorn TV. I get the same message if I try and play an episode from Roku app on my iPhone. All other apps seem fine

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @iamianciam,

Welcome to the Roku Community!
Please be advised that channel logins or authentication are handled directly by the channel developer. We suggest reaching out to Acorn TV support to report the issue and for further help. They can resolve the error you are having with channel authentication.

You can contact them here.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mui

I cancelled my Roku Channel a couple of years ago, and Acorn years before that. Yet I am getting this same message now when trying to sign up for Acorn TV's free trial.

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @mui,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your inquiry. Can you please clarify to us the error message that you are receiving when trying to sign up for The Roku Channel and Acorn TV's free trial? Can you send us a photo of the issue that you are experiencing? Have you tried reaching out directly to Acorn TV's customer support to confirm why it is not letting you sign up?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.