Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IdahoEarl
Reel Rookie

Re: Acorn TV crashes back to Home Screen

Jump to solution

Change Roku display settings from automatic to 1080.

0 Kudos
missykly

Jump to solution

thank you!  Thought I had tried everything - LG tvs do not carry Acorn and it did work on my Samsung but it was also not working on my Chromecast (which I purchased for the LG) - voila!  fix the settings, watch the Acorn.,

0 Kudos
IdahoEarl
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Glad it was helpful.

0 Kudos
Sammy4K

Jump to solution

That solved my Acorn Problem playing on My 4K Samsung.

0 Kudos
IdahoEarl
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

🙂

0 Kudos
MojoJohn

Jump to solution

I just saw this message and changed my TV display from 4K DOLBY to 4K and things seem to work ok. I have an older TV in another room and wasn't having issues. So... the 4K change seemed to fix things.

0 Kudos
JoSaySo
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Well, it continuously happens on my Samsung tv also. So bad, that I’ve cancelled my ACORN subscription. It’s not a unique problem with viewers. Yet the technical team at ACORN keep asking the same old questions. Listen: they either know what the problem is or they don’t. I think it’s the later: it’s above their knowledge so they ask you the consumer lots of questions to ‘let them know.’  Sad. Because I’d like to subscribe to their streaming but it’s a waste of money and anticipation to watch a show. 

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @JoSaySo

Welcome to the Roku Community!

If Acorn TV keeps crashing and returning to the home screen on your Roku device, there are several things you can try to resolve the issue:

• Restart your Roku device: Sometimes a simple restart of your Roku device can fix the problem. You can do this by going to "Settings" > "System" > "System restart" on your Roku device.
  • Check for updates: Make sure both your Roku device and Acorn TV app are updated to the latest version. To check for updates, go to "Settings" > "System" > "System update" on your Roku device. To check for updates for Acorn TV, go to the Roku home screen, navigate to the Acorn TV app, and press the asterisk (*) button on your remote. Then select "Check for updates".
  • Clear the cache: Clearing the cache can sometimes fix the problem. To clear the cache, go to "Settings" > "System" > "Advanced system settings" > "Network connection reset" on your Roku device.
  • Uninstall and reinstall the app: If none of the above steps work, try uninstalling and then reinstalling the Acorn TV app. We suggest starting there. In some cases, removing the affected channel and then re-installing it may help. Restart your device before re-adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step.) > System restart. 

If none of these steps resolve the issue, you may need to contact Acorn TV support for further assistance.

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
scarp

Jump to solution

Did you get anywhere with Acorn with this issue. I'm having the same issue but Acorn can't seem to help me. I've gone thru all the steps above as well as others, nothing works. I have no issues with any other apps. I have Roku Ultra. The weird thing is that the app works fine on my living room tv but not the bedroom tv. 

Hopefully Acorn can send an update that my tv will work with. But its possible, i suppose, that an automatic update happened that my tv isnt compatible with. 

0 Kudos
IdahoEarl
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

All I can do is tell you what worked for me. Go to Roku Settings, change Roku display settings from automatic to 1080. That's all it took for me to solve this problem. As you know, however, when it comes to information technology, what works for me might not work for you.