Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MamaVanna
Reel Rookie

Re: ABC New Live app cuts off and defaults to Home screen

hi @RokuMary-F Mary, yes~

im still having the ongoing issue it never did get fixed like I thought it did in previous response of mine

With what information you are asking from me:

my model number is 3800X - Roku streaming stick 

serial number: YF00E1391954

device ID: CR378E391954

software version: 11.5.0 • build 6040-55

timestamp 2023-03-24T15:33:262

issue ID: 54-119-013

app I’m having the issue with is ABC

steps to reproduce the issue: on Home Screen, selected/OK “ABC” app > once open, I go over right 3x to select the “LIVE TV” option and hit select/OK > once it is open, I go down 1x with the down arrow and select/OK “WATCH”

as live tv plays for not even 25seconds, it immediately begins to freeze, or skips and then exits on its own to the home menu. Very annoying, and I’m a frequent abc watcher on my Roku. Please fix as I’ve been dealing with this like way too long 🤦🏼‍♀️ 😩 thank you Roku team!

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MamaVanna,

Thanks for following up and providing the information needed.

We understand that you are having an issue with ABC crashing to the home screen.

We'll go ahead and send this over to the Roku team for further investigation. We'll get back to you once we have an update.

We're hoping to get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mblantz

I have the same problem for months only with the ABC app. Very frustrating. You would think an educated IT team would come up with an update fix by now. I guess ABC doesn't care that we have to watch other stations.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @mblantz

Welcome to the Roku Community. 

Sorry to hear about the playback issue you are seeing with the ABC News Live channel. Please be advised that we are currently aware of the issue and our engineering team has been investigating this problem. 

We'd like to submit your details to our support team to help investigate further. Could you provide with us the requested information posted by @RokuMary-F?

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
hateloudads
Channel Surfer

I have 3 TCL Roku TVs at home.  I was trying to watch a basketball game yesterday on ABC.  On my oldest TCL in the living room, I'd get maybe one minute of live ABC, and it would go back to the home screen.  This happened last weekend several times, and it eventually stayed on ABC and I watched the game.  I gave up yesterday after 4 times that it went to the home screen.  I unplugged this TCL from the wall and brought in TCL #2 from the bedroom.  This time it gave a ridiculous parental control message several times in a row, so I gave up on #2.  Then I brought in TCL #3 from my son's bedroom.  It worked like a champ and I watched the complete game without interruption.  Tonight my son wanted his TCL back, so I brought TCL #1 back to the living room.  Just for esses and g's, I tried watching live TV on ABC.  Twice in a row, it went back to the home screen within a minute.  I've read all the replies from Roku, and all I can see are the same instructions, uninstall, restart and reinstall.  Also, what's the model #, etc., and we'll send it to the right dept. at Roku.  Is there any actually useful info?  Uninstalling, restarting and reinstalling does not work, at all.  CBS too, but at least there's a work around--signing out and signing back in, every single time I want to watch CBS.  It doesn't work for ABC.  Please help, Roku.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @hateloudads,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you letting us know about an issue with ABC crashing to the home screen. We apologize for the delay in a solution.

Please help us with the below information to further investigate this issue:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

We appreciate you again posting in Roku Community. We look forward to your responses and gathering your details.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.