Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Live tv over the air stations have disappeared

Hi @nhart23452,

Thanks for letting us know.

We acknowledge your concern with Live TV channels. We'd be glad to help but we'll need more details.

Have you made changes to your location? Could you send us a photo of the channel icons? Lastly, Is the NBC channel the only channel missing?

Please keep us updated

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
waynejessee
Channel Surfer

I have a new update for this terrible issue.

If I remove the TV from the wireless or wired network, or keep the TV blocked at my Internet router then the over-the-air Antenna channels will work, but streaming channels then fail (obviously).

Once I connect the TV back to the network then the local TV channels stop working.

Jenniffer
Reel Rookie

I just don’t understand why us as customers need to find workarounds to use our TVs. Till now I’ve not yet heard anything from Roku. Are they developing software in the waterfall model still? How do you handle bugs Roku? You dont have product owners to prioritize what the developers should work next? As a customer I’m really disappointeded with the type of support we are getting. 😒

0 Kudos
waynejessee
Channel Surfer

Update

Solution found but I am not happy about it and will never buy or recommend another Roku TV if this doesn't get fixed.

The issue seems to be geolocation related to the Roku account.

I have two Roku TVs in my home country and I doubt there is an issue with local channels.

I have three Roku TVs in the country where I am currently located. These three TVs are using the same Roku account as my home country and all three of these have the issue.

There is no option to change the country in the Roku account profile.

Steps to have an improved experience.

1. Create a new Gmail account

2. Create a new Roku account (while physically away from home country)

3. Factory Reset Roku TV

4. Reconfigure TV with new Roku account

5. Rescan antenna channels

6. Reconfigure app accounts

I've noticed the new Roku account on the TV the isn't full featured and is missing some streaming, Live TV, and guide functions.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.