Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jenbillsmith
Reel Rookie

Re: ABC New Live app cuts off and defaults to Home screen

Hisense model 43H4+

model 8218X-Roku TV

Serial # YK00F1217768

device ID QVS09F217768

Software version 11.5.0  build 4312-90

timestamp 2023-03-12T22:59:02Z

Happens whenever using the ABC app when watching live TV

Version 5.15 build 2

ID 68-102-179

0 Kudos
MamaVanna
Reel Rookie

Hi kariza

i too am having the same issue with the abc app, especially after removing the app, restating the Roku to then reinstalling it  to then have the same continuous cycle 😞

here is my Roku information to have you guys please help fix my issue, thank you A LOT in advance!

(description on what goes wrong, step by step: I open the ABC app, once loaded I go over 3x to the “LIVE TV” option and hit ok. Once it loads, I go down 1 time and hit “watch”. After not even 15 seconds it force closes and goes straight to my home page. 

the abc app version # (with the * pressed, to find): version 5.15 • build 2

my Roku device model number:

3800X - Roku Streaming Stick

serial number: YF00E1391954

device ID: CT378E391954

software OS/Version:

version 11.5.0 • build 4312-55

issue ID: 54-103-263

Time stamp: 2023-03-13T17-41Z

please help me fix my issue! If I never would’ve googled my problem I don’t know what the heck I was gonna do otherwise. I’m thankful to have found this forum! TIA!!

savannah 

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@AlphaDog wrote:

Lets get that straight. (NONE of the "Live" News channels are actually "Live" that I can see.)  It's a 30 minutes recorded segment that replays all day.

"Live" in streaming terms means you are viewing it as the streaming source is sending it -- you will see whatever the source is sending at the time.  If your source is sending a pre-recorded loop, that's what you are getting because that is what is "live" at the time.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Jenbillsmith
Reel Rookie

When I watch the ABC app I log into it through my cable provider and am able to stream true live TV just as if I were watching ABC on Cable. I watch wheel of fortune, jeopardy and all prime time shows in real time 

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@MamaVanna

Thanks for the details. 

Could you tell us how are you powering your Roku device? Is it connected to the USB port of the TV or to a wall outlet? In some cases, the USB power provided by the TV is not sufficient to power the device. Even though your Roku device may appear to be working, running with insufficient power can lead to instability, crashing, and other unpredictable behavior.

Using the included power cord and power adapter, we suggest plugging your Roku into a working power outlet in the wall. Powering it through a power outlet in the wall has the additional advantage that your Roku player will not need to power up every time you turn on your TV. This means your Roku player will be up and running faster than it would be connected to a TV.

Keep us posted. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

MamaVanna
Reel Rookie

I have it plugged into the back of the tv as it is only a USB port type of Roku instead of a outlet type of adapter-Roku. I purchased my Roku in 2017, it works fine and I never was given any power cord as you mentioned or anything else with my Roku when first purchased, to be able to connect it as you mentioned? I’m at a loss because the abc app is my only issue and it works great outside this ABC app problem

i do not want to have to buy a new stick bc of this ongoing abc app issue. Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@MamaVanna

Thanks for the update. 

We're glad to hear that you do not continue to see the issue anymore. However, if you do, as suggested try plugging your Roku device into a power outlet in the wall and see if there's any difference after. 

Please keep us posted on how it goes.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Vhan

Same deal, plays for 2-3 min and goes to home screen. I have removed and added the channel several times. Turned it off and on, unplugged and made sure it is plugged directly into wall outlet.

• Roku device model 32S331
  • Serial number in system info YK007E705599
  • Serial number on back of TV  2104GNA001237A00366
  • Device ID  NPN147705599
  • Software OS/version 11.5.0 build 4312-48
  • Only on ABC version 5.15  Build 2
  • Tracker ID 99-118-206
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing - Select ABC -click Live TV @ top - then watch - then watch
  •  
0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @Vhan

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community. 

I have passed along your concerns to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, we'll be sure to update this Community thread.

We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work toward a resolution.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks for reporting this to Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about this issue with ABC News live crashing to the home screen and we're sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

Please be aware that we are currently aware of the issue and our appropriate team is working diligently to resolve the issue. Rest assured once more information is available I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

In the meantime, can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. We look forward to your responses and gathering your details.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.