Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AnaRon
Reel Rookie

Pausing anything outside of roku automatically revers to roku home

Jump to solution

Sling, Hulu, Pluto, Merritt - does not matter which venue I am on. I pause what I am watching to go get a drink, come back and I am on the show I paused is gone and the Roku screen saver is on. Press continue and it may go to Roku or revert back to the venue I was on. It never goes back to the show I paused. Timing this shows it to happen in 1 minute to 1.5 minutes. Why?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Pausing anything outside of roku automatically revers to roku home

Jump to solution

For how long it takes for the screensaver to activate, you can disable it completely or set it to 1, 5, 10, or 30 minutes under Settings->Theme->Screensaver start time.  It sounds like yours is set to 1 minute.

For the other problem, when you say you're pressing "continue", what button are you pressing?  If the screensaver is active, don't press Play/Pause (which I know is intuitively what everyone does).  Roku has screensavers with little ads that float past and pressing Play/Pause will activate the ad.  Get in the habit of pressing any other button while the screensaver is active and then you can press Play/Pause to resume your video.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

For how long it takes for the screensaver to activate, you can disable it completely or set it to 1, 5, 10, or 30 minutes under Settings->Theme->Screensaver start time.  It sounds like yours is set to 1 minute.

For the other problem, when you say you're pressing "continue", what button are you pressing?  If the screensaver is active, don't press Play/Pause (which I know is intuitively what everyone does).  Roku has screensavers with little ads that float past and pressing Play/Pause will activate the ad.  Get in the habit of pressing any other button while the screensaver is active and then you can press Play/Pause to resume your video.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
AnaRon
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you! For some reason, probably Grand Kids, it had been changed. When the kids put their Roku on my tv it did not have this issue. Be a newbie to Roku, it took me quite a while to locate the setting and switch it back to 30 minutes. Highly appreciate the education!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.