Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: multiple cameras arent recording with paid suscription

Jump to solution

Its $3.99 per camera, i found out after buying 5, Took 4 back, kept the doorbell . At $20 per month, thats $240 per year, you can buy a complete alarm system with high quality cameras for that price

0 Kudos
Formerang
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

it's 99.00 per year for multiple cameras and other devices. I'm running 6 indoor cameras a bunch of plugs, a couple of color bulbs. I had a couple white bulbs that went dumb within a month. And a doorbell. The indoor cameras work well. The door bell hardly ever records and keeps on throwing a 606 error.  I am also running tplink devices. Tplink is the winner hands down.

0 Kudos
RokuRey-V
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Rkousux,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We want to inform you that one Roku Smart Home camera is $3.99 per month ($39.99 per year), and it is only $9.99 per month ($99.99 per year) if you have 3 up to 99 cameras. For more information about Roku Smart Home subscription plans and features, please check out this link here.

All the best,

Rey

Rey V.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MCOS
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I was told by a rep that this was a known bug, however, no one has been in contact with me since to actually correct the issue. 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for informing us here at the Roku Community, @MCOS!

Just to clarify, since you've mentioned the bug that was told to you by one of our representatives, are you referring to a Roku Smart home device being unable to record events even after having a subscription? If so, have you tried the suggestion of @RokuMary-F & @RokuDanny-R? If not, we highly suggest so as many users claimed to have their issue resolved with their provided resolution. 

We'll be looking forward to your update! 

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MCOS
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I was told this was a bug that was being looked into. I have an active subscription to the camera plus package; however, it will only record still images and not video. @RokuCarly 

I have 3 escalations about my issues including smart home notifications not appearing on either my Roku TV or my Roku streaming stick. The issue has been ongoing for 2 weeks now. 

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @MCOS,

Thanks for updating us here in the Roku community!

We're glad to assist you with your problem with your Roku Smart Home subscription not recording video but just still images. Please restart your Roku Smart Home app and try signing out and signing back in. While doing so, please restart your Roku Smart Home device too. We also advise you to check here to see if your subscription is still active and to see here what you can do to manage your Roku Smart Home subscription.

We hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MCOS
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RokuEuniceL 

During my latest chat with Roku support I explained that it shows I have an active subscription until the 21st of this month, however, when I click on Manage subscription, it says I have no current subscription. In the Smart Home App, it says I have an active subscription but 0 cameras. I am being told to resubscribe, which seems a little weird to me. 

3 jobs.png

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @MCOS,

Thanks for keeping us updated.

Upon checking the details on our end, there seems to be a cancellation to your subscription, which we assume is why an advice was given to subscribe once more. Hence, we would suggest resubscribing since a cancelation has been reflected on your account.

Let us know what you find out.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MCOS
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RokuTakashi I am confused on why it says I can enjoy the subscription until the 21st of this month, and when I check my app it says I have an active subscription. The only thing I did was turn off auto-renewal because it wasn't working. 

0 Kudos