Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bugdom777

multiple cameras arent recording with paid suscription

Jump to solution

I bought 6 cameras 3 indoor, 2 outdoor, a floodlight camera and a door bell camera and only the door bell records,. i got the 6 cameras replaced but still dont record only the doorbell one. at the beginning i paid a suscription for the doorbell and worked fine and then i upgraded the suscription and the other ones still dont record  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: multiple cameras arent recording with paid suscription

Jump to solution

Hi @Formerang,

Congrats on your first post in the Roku Community!

We can certainly understand your inquiry that you want to know how to add your Roku camera/s to your Roku Smart Home subscription.

Start here for step-by-step instructions:

1. Sign in to your Roku account
  2. Select Manage your subscriptions
  3. Under Active subscriptions, select Roku Smart Home Subscription
  4. Select Manage subscription
  5. Check the cameras or doorbells that you want to add
  6. Complete your purchase by following the on-screen instructions

For full information on this, you can take a look at this link: How to sign up for and manage a Roku Smart Home Subscription | Official Roku Support

Thank you for using our services and we hope you'll find this helpful. Let us know in case you've still got any questions.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
19 REPLIES 19
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@bugdom777

Thanks for the post.

I understand that you have recently upgraded your Roku Smart Home subscription, but have you added the cameras to that subscription?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Formerang
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

How do you add cameras to the subscription?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Formerang,

Congrats on your first post in the Roku Community!

We can certainly understand your inquiry that you want to know how to add your Roku camera/s to your Roku Smart Home subscription.

Start here for step-by-step instructions:

1. Sign in to your Roku account
  2. Select Manage your subscriptions
  3. Under Active subscriptions, select Roku Smart Home Subscription
  4. Select Manage subscription
  5. Check the cameras or doorbells that you want to add
  6. Complete your purchase by following the on-screen instructions

For full information on this, you can take a look at this link: How to sign up for and manage a Roku Smart Home Subscription | Official Roku Support

Thank you for using our services and we hope you'll find this helpful. Let us know in case you've still got any questions.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Formerang
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I already have a plus plan and there is no step 5 or 6 for that matter. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Formerang 

Thanks for following up regarding your inquiry of adding a Roku Smart Home Camera to your existing account. 

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing so we can better understand the issue? Did you already activate this specific camera that you are trying to add to your existing Roku subscription? Have you already tried to factory reset the Roku Smart Home Camera and setting it up back up again? What are the steps to reproduce the issue that you are getting stuck at?

For more information about how to perform a factory reset on your Roku Smart Home Camera, visit our Support page here: Factory reset your smart home device

Please keep us posted about the above information and we will be more than happy to continue assisting you. We look forward to hearing back your response.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DanielM
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello. I'm experiencing the same issue, and apparently there isn't a way to factory reset a Outdoor Camera SE, which can be a problem for various reasons beyond this issue. Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

0 Kudos
DanielM
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I should have added that steps 5-6 from earlier guidance don't exist in the app or online; it must have been changed after the posting.

Yes all 4 cameras are registered in my profile, but only 3 are included in my subscription, with no apparent way to rectify. 

0 Kudos
DanielM
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I've found a solution through the Roku app.

1. On the Home screen, click on the camera that isn't showing in the subscription list

2. Click on the Settings gear

3. Click on Delete Device

4. Return to Home screen, click on the + icon at the top > Add Device > Cameras and Doorbells

5. Pick the camera type > follow the steps to set it up and link to a base station

6. Once successful, the camera should be in the subscription list.

Hope this helps

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @olddog1,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having a problem with your Roku camera. Help is here. Could you clarify more about the issue that you're running into? Did you receive any error codes or messages? Steps that you have taken so far to reproduce the issue?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos