Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
David2018
Channel Surfer

Re: Status light showing recording but nobody known is checking the camera

Jump to solution

Don’t need a new camera, just pointing out that my camera is turned off, and somehow it’s being turned on and viewed and neither my fiancé or I are on it.

0 Kudos
David2018
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I literally just un plugged my cameras because I would have them turned off and they would somehow turn on and start recording and the moment I look up at it because I noticed the light turn on, it’ll shut off. Definitely sketches me the heck out. I’ve never heard anyone talking through it though. I have even changed my password, so it must be a WiFi hacker that’s somehow connecting to our cameras through our connection. Roku needs to fix this asap, could be a business ender.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @cristyj,

Thanks for the response!

For your query about sending your device details, you can just post in the Roku Community. Note: Please don't post here any of your personal information. Also, if you feel uncomfortable sharing your device details here, you can send them to us through a private message.

To send us a private message, please select the name of a user. Once redirected to the profile, select the option, "Send this user a private message."

Thank you!

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
John02

Jump to solution

I just noticed it happening with my cameras. Solid red light after set up once in a while. When none of us are recording or watching.

I unplugged them. I don't think i will use them anymore.

David2018
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I did the same thing, I literally unplugged my cameras because of it and I won’t plug them back in. I’m not going to have my **bleep** hacked and let people watch me on my own cameras because Roku doesn’t want to do anything about it. I’ve been seeing several complaints about this and nothing.

RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @John02, @David2018,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out to us, and we understand your sentiments regarding this. We will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue. For us to better understand the issue that you are experiencing, please provide us with more details.

• What type of Roku camera are you using right now?
  • Are you currently subscribed to the Roku Smart Home subscription?
  • Have you checked your detection settings (if applicable)?

Kindly check out this support article on understanding the status light on your Roku Smart Home device. This article explains what the status light on your Roku Smart Home device means during and after setup. Also, please be reminded that some Roku cameras have certain features, such as a motion detector that records when action is detected, which may trigger changes on your camera. You can check out this article on Roku Smart Home subscription features for more details about the features that you get.

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this. Thank you!

Kind regards,                                                                                                                                      Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Splinter

Jump to solution

I have had the same issue as many in this thread and ROKU does not seem to be taking any of this seriously. The ROKU "support" team offers Noone any kind of support except to reinstall everything and change password.. then it persists. I know for a fact that they have logs with IP address of any device that connects, and yet they will not check. 

David2018
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes they do not care that our cameras are being hacked and watched through by someone else. That’s why they will lose a customer in me.. I’ve had my cameras unplugged for months now and I’ll never plug them back in until it’s fixed or I get new cameras that aren’t going to be so easy to hack.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Splinter @David2018,

Greetings from the Roku Community, and thanks for keeping us posted!

We'll be glad to assist you further with this problem that you had with the Roku camera. Can you please provide the following information that @RokuEuniceL provided above? 

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
danerenberg
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I leave my cameras on 24/7 and the status lights set to “off”. They never light up when I’m viewing them on my network or off. I tried to recreate this red light remote viewing scenario with my status lights turned off and I can’t do it. I even tried disconnecting from my home network, connecting to a VPN somewhere else in the country and watching/ recording my live stream. No lights.

With that out of the way, my red light did turn on around 3:30am today. I woke up and went into the living room. After being in there for a while, I looked up and the red light was on. It turned off shortly after I looked at the cam.

I submitted the logs using the app and included my phone number. I don’t know that my issue is the same as others, but having that red status light come on is confusing and concerning. I can see how there could be a simple defect where the camera goes to sleep for a while and that light came on briefly during the wake up process, but if that were the case, someone should have been able to figure that out in the 8+ months this thread had been opened for. It’s a sensitive topic and Roku should be all over this issue.

That’s my unsolicited $0.02 anyway

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.