Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Momoo

Re: Status light showing recording but nobody known is checking the camera

Jump to solution

I know for sure that my cameras are hacked because I hear people on my live view talking having sex running a bath and none of that is going on in my house at the time 

0 Kudos
TSilleck
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The lights on 3 of my Roku cameras have been going back and forth colors red and blue and no one else has access. It's been happening for a few weeks and it is cringing us out! I've disabled cameras until Roku can resolve.  Help ROKU!!!

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @TSilleck,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Roku Community for assistance today!

We acknowledge the concern you have, and we're more than willing to help. Let's try to resolve this issue by following the troubleshooting steps provided below:

Reset your Roku Camera:

If a micro SD card is installed in your camera, remove it before performing a factory reset.

1. Plug in your camera if not already powered on
  2. Press and hold the Setup button for 10 seconds
  3. Wait at least 30 seconds for your camera to restart

After a successful reset, you will see the status light on your camera flashing red. If you are troubleshooting and need to set up your camera again, refer to the following articles. For more information on how to reset your Roku camera, kindly refer to this support article at this link: How to factory reset your Roku Smart Home device

Let us know how it goes.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

This camera is saying someone is watching me

Jump to solution

This is not okay Roku it is been a month and this problem is still persisting the red light solid after your camera is set up indicates that someone is looking through the camera. Absolutely nothing is set up to motion detect me or automatically record it is only simply set up to view it when I want to view it. And I'm reading stuff where people are saying that they are getting hacked and they know for a fact they are. This is really creepy and social media is about to find out exactly how creepy and how much you guys aren't fixing the problem. And if social media doesn't work I guess the better Business bureau is next

0 Kudos

Re: This camera is saying someone is watching me

Jump to solution

I recently also began to have this issue. I called and they were no help and very clueless. The responses have also not been helpful in this thread. They must know this is a serious issue and it's very concerning. 

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: This camera is saying someone is watching me

Jump to solution

Hi, @Marshmello1960 @Mikawilliams412,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We understand that you are worried that you might be hacked or that somebody might be watching you on your Roku cameras. You have nothing to worry about. Please be advised that the blue-flashing light status indicates connecting to Wi-Fi, while the solid blue light indicates connected to Wi-Fi, depending on the Roku Smart Home cameras that you have. Status lights change from time to time since the internet connection can also be intermittent at times; hence, the Roku camera is trying to reconnect to the Wi-Fi right away. There are also red, white, and yellow lights that indicate different statuses. Please check out this link here so you can understand further the meaning of the status light on your Roku Smart Home camera. Also, Roku uses a P2P live streaming solution, which establishes a direct connection between a user’s phone and their Roku Smart Home camera. In other words, Roku or others that are not connected to your internet and are not signed in to your Roku Smart Home app do not have access to users’ live stream video footage because it is not processed or transmitted by Roku’s Smart Home network or cloud services.

We hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MissRae83

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue. It’s about every 3-5 seconds it changes though. Blue to red. Sometimes it stays on blue for longer and sometimes it stays red longer. Have no idea what is going on. Feels like we’re being watched. This issue needs to be addressed. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @MissRae83,

We welcome you here in the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about the concern you have with the Roku Smart Home mentoring. With this, you can refer to @RokuEuniceL above this thread for more information about this issue. In addition, you can perform troubleshooting steps as provided once again above this thread to see if the issue persists. 

Let us know more about what you find out.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tommy_A

Jump to solution

Mine is doing the same thing but the red light seems to be triggered by movement… if you sit still, the light stays blue… if you shake your hand of even slightly move, its flashes over to red for a second or two.. but I never notice it doing that early on when it was first install….

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Tommy_A,

A warm welcome from the Roku Community, and thanks for posting.

For the post-install setup, the red light on your Roku camera is an indication that it is viewing a live stream or the camera is recording. Additionally, the motion detection settings work together to identify movement in a specific area. Whenever motion is detected, the status light on your camera will briefly flash red to indicate an event has been recorded to your cloud for 14 days for you to access before it is removed.

For more information on how to manage and adjust the settings of the motion dection on your Roku camera, kindly visit the support article at this link: How to adjust motion detection settings on your Roku Smart Home camera or video doorbell

Keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.